Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I use whatever synthetic that is on sale at the time. Mobil 1 seems to be the cheapest most often. Walmart usually has Motorcraft filters for about $4 so that is what I will use but I have had two of them leak at the gasket in the past year.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
I take mine to the local Ford dealer for oil change, but I also have them put a quart of Lucas oil stabilizer in also. Just tell them to charge you for one less quart and bring you own Lucas with you. I use it in all my vehicles.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I take mine to the local Ford dealer for oil change, but I also have them put a quart of Lucas oil stabilizer in also. Just tell them to charge you for one less quart and bring you own Lucas with you. I use it in all my vehicles.
Eh.... I personally wouldn’t put any additives

·
Premium Member
2,308 Posts
When it comes to oil filters, it is always best to stick with the manufacturer's OEM recommended filter.
I'm a great believer that when it comes to parts like spark plugs, coils, filters, drive belts... It is best to use OEM parts.
(Even though they may have been made by a third party manufacturer for the car maker).
The quality is usually high, and have been thoroughly tested by Ford for reliability in the long term.
Oil additives are not needed, and they may interfere with the delicate detergent additive formulation and balance contained in the branded engine oil that is used.
As far as oil brand, you can't go wrong if you use any of the top brand name fully synthetic oils like Castrol Edge, Mobil 1, Shell Helix, Valvoline, Penzoil, or Amsoil.

·
Premium Member
2,308 Posts

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I'm a great believer that when it comes to parts like spark plugs, coils, filters, drive belts... It is best to use OEM parts.
(Even though they may have been made by a third party manufacturer for the car maker).
The quality is usually high, and have been thoroughly tested by Ford for reliability in the long term.
I am just the opposite. The manufacturers are driven by cost so they chose the cheapest part that meets the specs. You can always buy a superior part from the aftermarket and quite often for less.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
594 Posts
Oem parts work, and a lot of times easier to just use it since it will guarantee to work.

ie. My motorcycles, I generally only use oem parts. Except oil. Because it’s so engineered to work together it’s fine.

but, my motorcycle had limitations from factory. Epa, fueling etc. ripped out half the restrictions and added higher less restrictive parts.

for 99% people the bike was fine, and for99% people the cars are fine from factory and no one even changes anything really.

but for those just wanting to do stuff different, or get maybe some more out of it

that’s where aftermarket comes in.

ive had like 15 motorcycles, tracks, stunts,daily riders. I’ve abused them, and put them away wet. Never once have I had a failure, I believe amsoil saved my engines.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I personally have been using the Ford filter (910S) but will likely change to the Fram synthetic when out of engine warranty. I use Mobil 1, 5W30, as here in Canada I usually get a 4.4L jug with a bonus 1L bottle on sale, which happens to be the exact amount to fill with the above filter. Makes oil changes easy. Am considering changing to QS Ultimate Durability oil when I run out of Mobil. You will get as many opinions as people here, as everyone has their favourite. Use a good quality filter and a top tier full synthetic oil and you can’t go wrong.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I usually pick up a 6 quart case of Mobil 1 when its on sale at Costco, then use it when its time for the oil change. They (Costco) have their own label full synthetic oil now but I have not tried it. Filter wise I get either the Mobil 1, K&N or Royal Purple depending on the price., if I remember right the K&N have the built in ratchet square for easy removal. If you want the best oil you can get, get Amsoil 100% synthetic. I am just too cheap to pay the price for Amsoil.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Whats best oil and filter change for 2019 ecoboost turbo
I am convinced that Amsoil is the best synthetic oil on the market! I've sent my drain oil samples to Blackstone Labs for analysis, and Amsoil always has the best level of additives and the best viscosity retention. I have also tried several oil filters and recommend the Wix 51516X fully synthetic media filter. It's bigger than the factory filter and is very well made. That's my recommendation and I'm convinced that it's the best for my engine; so I'm sticking to it.

Reactions: Squid
1 - 15 of 15 Posts