Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ecoboost Mustang with Performance Package
16 Posts
I've got the top ones but I like the bottom ones better. I looked at a 2019 PP car before I bought the one I got and it had the bottom style wheels.

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
873 Posts
Top ones sprayed antique bronze

Reactions: Mustang_Corps

·
Super Moderator
3,497 Posts
If I had to stick with only those two Ford wheels, I'd stick with the Ecoboost PP wheels (top).
1. equal width and offset so they can be rotated.
2. easier to clean.
3. just a little bit lighter.

Reactions: Mustang_Corps

·
Registered
329 Posts
I honestly didn't think anyone liked the EBPP wheels lol. Couldn't wait to get mine off. The GTPP wheels are nicer, but very common. I did see someone that recently bought an S550 that had polished versions on the EBPP wheels and they actually didn't look bad.

·
Super Moderator
3,497 Posts
Oh I'm not saying I particularly like them, I just like them better than the GT wheels. Heck, mine are painted green and have track tires on them...

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
I am perfectly happy with my Ecoboost PP wheels. If I had been shopping for wheels I would pick the Ecoboost PP wheels over the GT PP wheels simply because the GT PP wheel style is to common. A variation on that wheel comes on Mustangs, Camaros, Challengers and Chargers.

The wheel below is what I had purchased for winter tires on my 15 Ecoboost Mustang. I had been contemplating making them my summer wheels when the 15 was totaled with those wheels. The 17 Ecoboost Mustang has black Shelby stripes and black side stripes on Grabber Blue. I think sticking with the all black wheel looks best so I use the PP wheels from the 15 for my winter tires allowing me to have black rims year round.

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
I have the top ones on my 2017 PP, which all Aussie Ecoboosts came with as stock.
Much easier to clean than the stock GT wheels.
However, I'd like them in silver.
I have contemplated using paint stripper to remove the black paint, bringing them back to the bare alloy and getting them polished.
Though not sure how that would turn out?

·
Super Moderator
3,497 Posts
Reactions: Go Further
1 - 12 of 12 Posts