Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Read Only
462 Posts
It's likely something to do with the security system / computers not working correctly. Disconnect the negative battery cable, wait one minute and reconnect and it will likely start. If you don't want to do that, you can pump the brake pedal 20 times, and it will likely start. There is something screwed up with the switch in the brake pedal and/or one of the relays and that causes this failure and also may cause the battery to drain.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's likely something to do with the security system / computers not working correctly. Disconnect the negative battery cable, wait one minute and reconnect and it will likely start. If you don't want to do that, you can pump the brake pedal 20 times, and it will likely start. There is something screwed up with the switch in the brake pedal and/or one of the relays and that causes this failure and also may cause the battery to drain.
thank u for the reply :) will do the 20pumps

will check also that thing screwed in the brake maybe that is the culprit

image the dealership cant find the problem

replaced battery & alternator & also they added body grounding to the electrical i heard last time

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have 2019 ecoboost. Kinda same problem. Intermittently the car won’t start, if I start with remote it doesn’t start but dash says “push start button to drive” like it thinks it’s running. Car does everything except start. Then for no reason it begins starting. Dealership has cleaned grounds and installed new battery, same problem four days later. Towed car to dealership and in the middle of diagnostics it started and without problem they can’t finish diagnostics. Been in shop three weeks and has twice since not started and began working during diagnostics

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, I have an update. 2022 Ecoboost premium, 10 speed auto. Occasionally will not start. Get in the car, press start, then nothing. Press again, no start but a clicking sound coming from somewhere, not the engine. The car will then start by using the key fob remotely. I have tried both key fobs and get same result.

I took the car to the dealer twice. They could not replicate the problem either time. The first time they replaced the battery and gave it back to me after a couple days. The next day it happened again. The next time they had it for a week and again could not replicate the problem. They gave me a 2nd battery and said if the car did not generate a code, which it did not, the only thing they could do is contact Ford Tech. I'm not really mad at them as I don't see what they can do if it starts every time for them.

Now this has happened a total of 5 times so far, each time I could successfully start it with the fob. They suggested having it towed into them the next time it wouldn't start, but there is a chance it would probably start for them when it got to them as it all seems random. This happened again yesterday after almost 2 months of running fine. I did not contact the dealer as i need the car for the weekend and didn't want them to keep it for 3 weeks or ? more.

Also one thing that happens is that after starting it by remote starting with the fob is that after getting in the car and depressing the brake pedal before pressing the start button the engine just dies. Is this normal for Ford cars ?

If anybody else is having this problem, let me know what you've been able to do, if anything. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Maybe it’s something intermittent on the brake light switch, as if it failed, even temporarily, I presume that would result in a no-start. Perhaps the next time it won’t start, tap the brake pedal a couple of times and, if it then starts, maybe you’ve found the source off the problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks johnnybee, I'll try it. I have tried just pressing on the brake but that just resulted in the clicking sound i heard. Thing is when it won't start i hear the clicking sound when i just press the start button or just depress the brake by themselves. Using the key fob to start works every time. So far...

·
Registered
305 Posts
I had a problem where the battery kept draining (i heard the clicking you mention), and it ended up being a loose ground wire. i had connected my catch can on the same bolt as the ground, and it wasn't tight. Not sure if this helps, but i thought I'd mention just in case. May want to check your ground connections

Reactions: Coyote Chaser

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well the problem popped up again last friday, 11/11. The car would not start pressing the start button, but would by remote starting with the key fob.

I decided to call Ford customer service and get them involved. They gave me a case number and told me to take it back to the dealer. When I went to take it in, it started normally with no problem. This is the third time into the dealer with only 2,885 miles on it. I really like this car so hopefully with Ford involved they can resolve this.

will keep you posted.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I know this is a long shot, but when you have had the no start happen, is your fob in the same pocket as your phone? Phones have been known to interfere with the fob signal. So you get no start in pocket but take it out and remote start, as you have said, and it works. You take it to the dealer and they can’t replicate it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks, but no, I never have them in the same pocket or touching each other. In fact I have had the fob right on the console in front of the shift and it has made no difference. I always have my phone either in the cup holder or on the seat next to me or in my pocket and it never interferes when it does start, which is 99% of the time.

I have tried using each fob separately and together. I think the only thing I didn't try was pulling the bottom of the cup holder and putting the fob in the slot for when the fob battery dies.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Thanks, but no, I never have them in the same pocket or touching each other. In fact I have had the fob right on the console in front of the shift and it has made no difference. I always have my phone either in the cup holder or on the seat next to me or in my pocket and it never interferes when it does start, which is 99% of the time.

I have tried using each fob separately and together. I think the only thing I didn't try was pulling the bottom of the cup holder and putting the fob in the slot for when the fob battery dies.

Thanks
You should definitely try the dead fob thing. If the car starts under that condition, you would think that would point to a fob problem, but I imagine that it’s at the car end, if neither fob works for the push button but starts remotely.

·
Registered
55 Posts
a couple of times, mine will turn over the engine a few times then stop.
i thought at first, maybe i wasn't holding the button down long enough, i was under the impression you just had to do a quick press, but last time i was holding the button down till it's started but it didn't quite get there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
when i talked to the Ford rep they asked me if i was holding the button in or just giving it a quick press, but they didn't elaborate. my wife has a Chrysler product that has the same start procedure and i have been driving that for almost three years and it starts every time, so it's not like i don't know the process.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts