Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,150 Posts
Maybe it’s something intermittent on the brake light switch, as if it failed, even temporarily, I presume that would result in a no-start. Perhaps the next time it won’t start, tap the brake pedal a couple of times and, if it then starts, maybe you’ve found the source off the problem.

· Registered
1,150 Posts
I know this is a long shot, but when you have had the no start happen, is your fob in the same pocket as your phone? Phones have been known to interfere with the fob signal. So you get no start in pocket but take it out and remote start, as you have said, and it works. You take it to the dealer and they can’t replicate it.

· Registered
1,150 Posts
Thanks, but no, I never have them in the same pocket or touching each other. In fact I have had the fob right on the console in front of the shift and it has made no difference. I always have my phone either in the cup holder or on the seat next to me or in my pocket and it never interferes when it does start, which is 99% of the time.

I have tried using each fob separately and together. I think the only thing I didn't try was pulling the bottom of the cup holder and putting the fob in the slot for when the fob battery dies.

Thanks
You should definitely try the dead fob thing. If the car starts under that condition, you would think that would point to a fob problem, but I imagine that it’s at the car end, if neither fob works for the push button but starts remotely.

· Registered
1,150 Posts
From the owner’s manual:

“Press the brake pedal (automatic transmission) or clutch pedal (manual transmission), and then press the button for any length of time. An indicator light on the button illuminates when the ignition is on and when the engine starts.”; and

“ Note:You can crank the engine for a total of 60 seconds (without the engine starting) before the starting system temporarily disables. The 60 seconds does not have to be all at once. For example, if you crank the engine three times for 20 seconds each time, without the engine starting, you reached the 60-second time limit. A message appears in the information display alerting you that you exceeded the cranking time. You cannot attempt to start the engine for at least 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, you are limited to a 15-second engine cranking time. You need to wait 60 minutes before you can crank the engine for 60 seconds again.”.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts