Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

181 - 200 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
I really like that hood. What brand is it?

·
Registered
527 Posts
I like it. Does it attach to the hood hinges & prop up with the little metal rod or does it have the gas filled struts?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
Well... Car ran great untill Sunday afternoon when it overheated on the Dragon. It was hot. Inlet temp was right at 121 f. Heatsoak??? It cooled down pretty quickly. Coolant temp got close to 265 f. Perhaps the Mishi intercooler is just not cutting it for me. I've looked at a Wagner Evo1 intercooler as a decent upgrade. More of a front mount then a stock location IC.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
If your coolant temp got to 265 a different intercooler is not going to help. Since you just got the car back from the body shop i would make sure you don't have air trapped in the cooling system.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
The body shop didn't do anything to the cooling system other the hook up the grill shutters. I do have a code for grill shutters stuck off. I might just remove the grill shutters completely. They look like they might be stuck closed at the bottom partially.

·
Registered
527 Posts
The body shop didn't do anything to the cooling system other the hook up the grill shutters. I do have a code for grill shutters stuck off. I might just remove the grill shutters completely. They look like they might be stuck closed at the bottom partially.
I was going to say it sounds like the grill shutters were stuck shut. Or your thermostat is. Pry those shutters open before you do some damage. 265 degrees is very hot...

I have an ETS race intercooler on mine. It really helps to keep the IAT down when moving. If you are sitting & the car is running with the hood closed any air to air intercooler will heat soak pretty quickly.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
I was going to say it sounds like the grill shutters were stuck shut. Or your thermostat is. Pry those shutters open before you do some damage. 265 degrees is very hot...

I have an ETS race intercooler on mine. It really helps to keep the IAT down when moving. If you are sitting & the car is running with the hood closed any air to air intercooler will heat soak pretty quickly.
They are partially stuck shut. I didn't have any issues untill body shop reconnected them to the car... I've seen people delete them completely. This is the code I got for them P059F....

·
Registered
527 Posts
They are partially stuck shut. I didn't have any issues untill body shop reconnected them to the car... I've seen people delete them completely. This is the code I got for them P059F....
I have my grill shutter deleted. The car will always pop the code about not being able to communicate with the grill shutter after you take it off but it doesn't turn the check engine light on. It is just there when you check the codes on the AccessPort. The grill shutter being stuck shut is a huge problem though if you are getting engine temps like you reported.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
Changing out my MBRP exhaust for a KOOKS full 3" exhaust. Good news is I found a local EcoBoost owner that is still on stock exhaust and will buy my current exhaust from me. The KOOKS exhaust retails for normally $1450 but with the AM coupon and selling my MBRP it will be about $1125.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
Gonna be running a full 3" KOOKS exhaust soon. Getting rid of that 2.25" pipe reduction between the downpipe and cat back. Anyone else have this exhaust? How is it compared to the MBRP race? Can't wait to hear how it sounds in person.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
Well... I did it... FP turbo and FP cams have been ordered. This will be paired with a Dyno tune. After this running Bama tunes. Levittown Ford parts had a sale on both items. Normally it would have been $1450 shipping extra. I paid $1273.65 shipping included.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #200
I'm thinking it might also be a good time to upgrade to a 12 psi wastegate when the turbo is installed. Should provide some very nice gains. I'm thinkin maybe do the 1/4 mile and see how she does with these parts added with a Dyno tune.

181 - 200 of 214 Posts