Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

201 - 220 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
MAP also has a valve train upgrade kit for about $350. Would be worth it to get that done while they have the valve cover off to change out cams.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
VA treasury decided to send me a check so I was able to get a wastegate. Since I am getting a dyno tune with the turbo and cams I went full send on a 12 psi turbosmart wastegate. I'm anxious to see what my gains are with this setup. I'm installing my KOOKS exhaust this weekend and swapping out a friends stock with my old MBRP exhaust. There is also a track attack event this Saturday at Dominion raceway. I will probably sign up for that too and run the car on the track.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
Doesn't really apply to the EcoBoost build but... I've been on the search for a Sprintex supercharger for the CR-Z for quite some time. the company has stopped making them for the Z. Managed to scoop up a used one with 400 miles on it. Stock performance is about 122 crank HP. Sprintex claims about 155 wheel HP with the roots type supercharger. It pushes about 8 psi boost max.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
Well... My body.decoded to go full bloom into a sinus infection so... Still doing the exhaust install but skipping track attack. Instead I'll take the car for a nice long cruise afterward and stop by PTUNING to get a quote to install and tune the Sprintex on my Honda.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
Just got these goodies in the mail today. Looks like you get a Garret turbo. There is a wastegate included but not sure how many psi it is. I guess the shop can tell me when they install the turbo. I also got a free set of FP license plate frames. The scary thing was that FedEx decided to drop off the boxes without getting my John Hancock and said I had signed for them. Glad nobody stole them.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
Installed the KOOKS exhaust today. It was difficult to fit properly. Might need to get a pipe extension on the driver's side to make it fit perfectly. Also found out that the flex pipe has completely shredded away in one section of the downpipe because of my ride height. I did however get these raxiom sequential turn signals in exchange for my MBRP exhaust. Car has a much deeper tone to it and no 2.25" pipe reduction in between the exhaust and downpipe. I'll have to visit the shop to have the suspension raised a bit. I'm thinking .5" on the suspension should give the exhaust better ground clearence.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #207
Housemate got me a Turbo blanket for my B-day. It's not exact fit like the COBB or PTP turbo blankets but I'll make it work. He got it from AM.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
Finally able to get a new flex pipe section to my KOOKS downpipe. It will cost me about $317 plus shipping. Flex pipe is completely shredded from the ride height. Thankfully I'm getting the car raised about .5 inches on Friday. Most of the issues are going over speed bumps. It will be nice to not hear scraping going over speed bumps.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #209
Well. I know where not to get performance parts installed anymore. Height adjustment went well on the car but... Camber plates were installed backwards when coilovers were installed. This caused issues with getting proper camber adjustment on the suspension.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #211
I started to get some mysterious but horrendous wheel rub on sharp left turns. Noticed that left side of driver's front wheel was rough along the edge while the right side was smooth. Turns out part of the wheel liner had gotten caught on the top of the control arm. No more wheel rub...

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #214
Well....... The fine experts at BAMA performance have determined that a retune is NOT required to install a 12psi Wastegate... I guess the "Wastegate tables" don't need adjusting on these cars. The guy said that everything is electronically controlled by the ECU... I will be switching to COBB at the next soonest opportunity. They would be footing the bill for a new engine if I had been foolhardy to install and not tune for the bigger spring. I do not want to become another EcoBoom victim.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #215
Getting Sumitomo all seasons on the car for winter weather driving. These are going on the stock wheels.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
Housemate got me a FP balance shaft delete kit for christmas. Doing that and an oil change with Royal purple oil (5w-30). The delete should net about 20lbs rotating mass gain from crankshaft.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #217
Stock wheels fit with the GT brakes. Sumitomo tires are installed. So far they feel much better in the rain. Haven't done a wot pull because traffic sux in northern VA at nite... I was going to have my balance shaft delete done when I change the oil... However I was quoted $1000 for the job. We'll see how the new all seasons handle in the winter. Hopefully better then the NITTO Summers...

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #218
Sumitomos work great on wet roads!! On my drive in to work... Roads were a little wet and I drove a little more spiritedly. No slippage. Tires still slip from a dig but nothing as bad as the NITTOS.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #219
Mustang is too quiet with the KOOKS exhaust sooooo... Going straight pipe. Muffler shop is charging $250 for the whole job. It will be LOUD...

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #220
Well... Not sure if I'm the first to straight pipe on the forum but... She's loud as all f**k. Quarter throttle and she SCREAMS!!! Still have the KOOKS mufflers just in case... This was exactly what she needed...

201 - 220 of 240 Posts