Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

261 - 280 of 383 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #261
Got my emblems and pop trunk kit in the mail. It seems that I received mounting hardware for a BMW M series for the rear emblem. 3M tape should work fine for it...

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #262
Wheel is being repaired today. Estimate of $150 vs $265 for new wheel... Should be ready later today. First impressions on tire is that it's just cosmetic. I have a spare coming in on Monday just in case...

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #263
$150 later and the wheel is repaired. Tire is still ripped but the shop guy said it's cosmetic. So far tire pressure has stayed consistent. Pop trunk kit was a breeze to install. It works really good but closing the trunk requires more effort.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
Well... I got pulled over... In the Honda... For having an aftermarket Honda HPD exhaust... Cop said it was too loud. I tried to tell him it was OEM and he said doesn't matter. Now I worry about the muffler deletes on the Stang...

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #265
Finally getting my balance shaft delete done next Tuesday. The performance shop is giving me a free alignment since they forgot to put my aluminum panel back on the other car... I'll be using the free alignment on the Mustang. Hopefully the weather next weekend is good enough for some track attack at Dominion Raceway on the NITTO's.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #266
I've got an elm scan tool coming in the mail tomorrow that should work with forscan. I'm going to attempt to enable linelock on my 2017 with it. Supposedly all you need to do is flash GT abs module firmware and update cluster as built data from a GT to get linelock working.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #267
Got my scantool and a beta of Forscan 2.4... surprisingly enough Forscan can reprogram keys to the car. I'll get linelock enabled when my Balance shaft delete is done...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Got my emblems and pop trunk kit in the mail. It seems that I received mounting hardware for a BMW M series for the rear emblem. 3M tape should work fine for it...
TV
The 2.3 emblem was one of my first purchases. I received a lot of compliments and of course a lot of questions. Overall I love the look. I'm going to consider the turbo emblem. Great thread, by the way.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #269
TV
The 2.3 emblem was one of my first purchases. I received a lot of compliments and of course a lot of questions. Overall I love the look. I'm going to consider the turbo emblem. Great thread, by the way.
Thanks! I'm building her up to be a track monkey...

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #270
Well... She's at the shop getting a balance shaft delete... Gonna be ready Wednesday... My other car was squeeking a bit and a quick check uncovered a worn idler pulley bearing... Quick and easy repair.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I'm anxious to hear all about the balance shaft delete. I love losing excess weight, but don't want to risk long-term damage from undamped vibrations, so I'm on the fence until I hear an unbiased analysis by someone I trust.

Reactions: Nater Potater

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #272
I'm anxious to hear all about the balance shaft delete. I love losing excess weight, but don't want to risk long-term damage from undamped vibrations, so I'm on the fence until I hear an unbiased analysis by someone I trust.
Should be done by Wednesday. I'll be sure to give my thoughts on the balance shaft delete. I'll also be able to enable linelock on the car as I've got all the tools to do that as well. Car will be ready for track attack this weekend once I put the summer tires back on.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #274 (Edited)
Well... Balance shaft delete is all done. Not much noticeable difference over stock (nvh). The job is labor intensive so if you don't mind spending 1-2 days of swearing while you get the job done or.... Fork over $$$$ for a shop to do it. I'll get a chance this Saturday to see how the car does without a balance shaft on the track. So far it feels good. Next up is turbo, cams, wastegate and a tune from PDTUNING...

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #276
Had the chance to do a WOT pull on my morning commute. WOW!!! Is all I can say. She feels amazing with the balance shaft delete... Definitely revs up faster and the weight savings feels like it's totally worth it. I only ever noticed the slightest amount of vibration but not enough to take her off daily duty... Still LOUD af with the muffler deletes...

·
Registered
892 Posts
Much like @Sarge, I'm still intrigued by the balance shaft delete. I look forward to your extended reviews. After my painful install of just a short throw shifter earlier in the week, a delete seems like a nightmare right now. I don't mind doing the work myself, but I too would question this one. If you don't mind my asking, how much did the delete set you back?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #278
Much like @Sarge, I'm still intrigued by the balance shaft delete. I look forward to your extended reviews. After my painful install of just a short throw shifter earlier in the week, a delete seems like a nightmare right now. I don't mind doing the work myself, but I too would question this one. If you don't mind my asking, how much did the delete set you back?
$900... I had a coupon for a free alignment so it would have been more like $1050 without the coupon. I'll have a chance to see how she really does on Saturday at the track. Initial impressions are positive so far. The benefits outweigh the disadvantages so far...

·
Registered
892 Posts
$900... I had a coupon for a free alignment so it would have been more like $1050 without the coupon. I'll have a chance to see how she really does on Saturday at the track. Initial impressions are positive so far. The benefits outweigh the disadvantages so far...
Thanks! About what I figured. I'd have to tackle it myself for it to be beneficial. Probably not terrible, but a lot of steps and time (and a lot of beer).

·
Super Moderator
3,141 Posts
When you say track, do you mean drag strip or road course? Drag strip your alignment is fine, road course, you need a lot more negative camber.

Reactions: JAKE
261 - 280 of 383 Posts