Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

281 - 300 of 383 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #281
When you say track, do you mean drag strip or road course? Drag strip your alignment is fine, road course, you need a lot more negative camber.
Road coarse. I've been having the performance shop get me and close to stock alignment as possible since I daily this car from time to time.

·
Super Moderator
3,141 Posts
You're not going to like the tire wear with your current alignment settings. You'll wear the outer edges of the tires quickly with a lot of high speed cornering. The serious road course Mustang guys recommend up to -3 up front. I'm running -2.2 up front, and can still see some outer edge wear on my new tires, though not as bad as it used be be with a more "stock" alignment setting.

Reactions: Nater Potater

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #283
You're not going to like the tire wear with your current alignment settings. You'll wear the outer edges of the tires quickly with a lot of high speed cornering. The serious road course Mustang guys recommend up to -3 up front. I'm running -2.2 up front, and can still see some outer edge wear on my new tires, though not as bad as it used be be with a more "stock" alignment setting.
Right now the car will see light track use. This will be my first track event. It's more of a beginner event with highway speeds only. As I start to do some of the more high performance track events I may change the alignment to a more aggressive road track alignment.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #284
Well... I finally had to buy the TPMS reset tool from Ford. My TPMS warning went off this morning after changing to my summer tires. Thankfully the local Ford dealer relearned them for FREE...

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #285
Car did absolutely fantastic on the track today. Ran the NITTO's and could not get the car sideways. I had some trouble keeping up with an M2 but other then that the car felt planted and stable on the track. The only issue I've dealt with today is the driver's rear TPMS sensor keeps popping a warning fault. I've also noticed that randomly the Ford pass app will alert me to an engine malfunction when a quick code scan on the COBB shows no trouble codes. Engine coolent never got past 190 f on the track so heat soak does not appear to be a problem with the current setup.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Which Nittos were you running?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #289
On the car. Looks pretty good. Will stiffen up the front end for those without one. You will need the GT metal cowel and the bolts to install if you don't have a performance pack.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #290
Finally getting a battery tender so I can enable linelock on the car today. I don't really have anywhere that I can test it out but I'll hopefully get some track days in this year where I can test out the feature. I also got these motor mounts in for the Honda yesterday. They have 60A bushings inside them to help minimize wheel hop.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #291
For those that want to enable linelock... Get the OBDLINK EX scantool. I attempted with a cheaper one and forscan is complaining that the tool is too slow. I've ordered the correct tool so well give it a second try when it arrives. On the plus side... I've backed up the ABS as built data and the OEM ABS firmware files... I am one step closer to having linelock enabled on the car.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #292
Flashing firmware to the ABS module. You will see the abs warning and advancetrac warning while the firmware is flashing. It will go away after the flash is done.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #293
Success! Line Lock mode enabled. I had to make one extra change to the ABS as built data to remove some of the warnings. I guess the ECU was expecting adaptive cruise and some other things the car didn't come with.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #294
Got a chance to sorta test out line Lock. Got as far as the timer countdown but didn't do a burnout. You have to be on flat ground in track mode and brake fully depressed. Once you hit OK, you'll hear the abs pump squeeze the front brakes. At this point you can let off the brake pedal and smash the gas to the floor for a FAT burnout.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #295
Time to change out a tire sensor. I keep getting a tire sensor fault every so often for the same sensor.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #299
where do i find the firmware files?

Two ways to enable linelock. The hard way is to swap out the EB abs module with a GT abs module and enable the option in the cluster. The other option is reflash the abs module with GT firmware and enable linelock in the cluster.

·
Registered
2015 mustang roush stage 1
47 Posts
What a dummy i went through that post over and over, and somehow i managed to not see the link to the files. thank you so much Joshua. I'll try it tomorrow since its dark out and I cant run my car to test it. Neighbors have a fit everytime i cold start the car either very early or late at night. lol.

281 - 300 of 383 Posts