Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

421 - 440 of 456 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #421
Would love to see a couple more pics of the holes where it blew, in orientation to the location on the block, when you have a chance! Great jobs so far!
I'll get some this weekend. Engine is at a friend's house about 30 minutes from my place. I'm hoping my head is still good so I can at least reuse that in my build.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I was considering doing the BSD on mine based on the number of holes we've seen next to the drive gear, but, based on your earlier comments, I now wonder what's truly driving the #3 rod to exit the block. If it was the balance shaft, that shouldn't have happened to yours. I'd love to get a hold of a bare block and scrutinize the oil system.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #423
I was considering doing the BSD on mine based on the number of holes we've seen next to the drive gear, but, based on your earlier comments, I now wonder what's truly driving the #3 rod to exit the block. If it was the balance shaft, that shouldn't have happened to yours. I'd love to get a hold of a bare block and scrutinize the oil system.
The cylinder wall is very weak near cyl 2 and 3 combine that with weak rods and pistons and you have a recipe for a hole in the block. Head studs are also weak and contribute to head lift.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Have you looked at a MAP shortblock as an option, for 3500.00 it seems like a good deal, based on a 2.0 block, Manley rods etc.?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #425
More exciting news!! My block split in half while the guy was doing some work on the engine... Crank is toast, probably split in half too.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #431
More fun tearing down the engine. Engine build incoming this week. Will take about 4-5 weeks before I can pickup the engine. I'm thinking of driving down to TN to pick it up. Will be running ford racing cams manley rods and mahele pistons with a 2.0 block. She'll be ready to make some power. I'm also adding stress motor mounts and a radium Baffle plate to the build... No more ecoboom after this...

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #434
Already started ordering some stuff for the motor swap. Radium baffle plate, Steeda adjustable motor mounts, and some new Tune+ Iridium 1 step cooler pre-gapped plugs. My starter solenoid also took some damage so I found a used 2016 starter assembly for $35. I think those are going to be the only accessories ill need besides the complete longblock assembly.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #436
View attachment 38089
You ended-up with a piston ring in your oil pan? That's impressive! We're all anxiously watching this thread for your 2.0 build.
Its looking like I'll be going with a longblock from Engineered Motorsports. Ill see about putting some piper cams in the engine. Probably some stage 1 or stage 2 cams. I dont want want cams with a CRAZY lift and duration but something that will give me some decent mid and top end power. probably cams and some 50lbs valve sporings... Who knows. Maybe some day Ill give Watchmyeco a run for his money after I dial the car in with XDI injectors.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #438
Driving down to TN to drop off some of my potentially good engine parts at Engineered Motorsports and to discuss my build plans. Hopefully I can save some money on the build by supplying some of my undamaged parts. I'll be heading down on Sunday and meeting the shop tech on Monday. Will take a cruise to Dragon in the Honda after for a couple days. I should be able to fit most parts in the back of the Honda in a giant tub.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #439
Its looking like I might be adding some XDI 2000cc injectors to the build. Thats the last piece to the puzzle. Should be able to make about 527 HP on E85 when the build is complete and the tune is dialed in. Shell be a stupid fast 4 banger on E85 this coming spring. once I get to tuning on E85 I might do a full day remote dyno session with Ryan so I can share the results.

421 - 440 of 456 Posts