Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
441 - 460 of 495 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Engine is in the daily. Driving down to TN tomorrow and dropping it off on Monday. Gonna be a fun 6 hour drive. Going to the dragon after for a few days to have fun in the Honda.
I haven't made it to the Dragon yet but a couple of guys on the Ninja forum live on the Tenn. side and drive the Dragon almost daily. Be safe and watch out for motorcycles crossing that center line.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #452 ·
I haven't made it to the Dragon yet but a couple of guys on the Ninja forum live on the Tenn. side and drive the Dragon almost daily. Be safe and watch out for motorcycles crossing that center line.

View attachment 38172

View attachment 38169

View attachment 38170
Thanks. It was mostly empty except for a few people having fun. I did get stuck behind a pickup truck that was all over the road so I kept my distance from it. My car has stiff motor mounts and is pretty much setup to take on twisty roads and does it extremely well.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Thanks. It was mostly empty except for a few people having fun. I did get stuck behind a pickup truck that was all over the road so I kept my distance from it. My car has stiff motor mounts and is pretty much setup to take on twisty roads and does it extremely well.
Nice Honda. I'm sure it's a blast to drive around the mountains. We had a 2009 Civic coupe and that was a lot of fun to drive around the countryside.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #456 ·
Not much of an update but I sent some of my timing components as well as my valve cover off the EMS. I also found out that Jesse the guy that does all the builds does high stall converters from stock converters. I might drop off my converter with him when I pick up the engine to have it made into a high stall converter for some hard launches. Not really sure what a stock EB 6R80 can handle in terms of power.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #458 ·
Car is back home. Got some of the press fit ford quick connect fittings removed to use with the coolant hoses from HPS. Also got the pushloc fitting attached to my catch can line to install on my radium Baffle plate.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Is it cheaper to rebuild the engine other than buying the 2.0 block? I always thought on going for the 2.0 when my engine blows up, it is a very good deal for 4000-5000$ to have a 500-600WHP capable engine.

441 - 460 of 495 Posts