Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
481 - 495 of 495 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
View attachment 41189 View attachment 41190 View attachment 41191
Just found this and while reading, you had similar issues that I had. New NX2 turbo and then needing a new engine. Mine just wiped out the #4 rod bearing and scored the crank. Now have an Adam built 2.3. Still dialing it in and Ryan is tuning mine as well! Was thinking of E85, but closest place is an hour away. There are times the Mustang is my DD, so that wont work. Must be something about bigger turbos, because I upgrade the Escape and now its getting another engine. I do think it was having issues prior to turbo.
When you had your 2.3 torn down, do you remember if it was equipped with (under piston) oilers?
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Alloy wheel Rim
Automotive tire Bumper Automotive design Automotive exterior Rim

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #486 ·
Not at the moment. I can get one this weekend. Currently out of town on business. Engine is sitting on the stand, waiting for a full teardown
Got any plans to put a built motor in your car? I'm currently waiting on my built motor to complete so I can have a shop install it for me. My motor should be able to handle in the neighborhood of 600 to the wheel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Mustang got a built motor good to handle 700hp, probably at the crank. Since 93 octane limits you to around 400ish a the wheels, I think I am good. The project truck will likely just get a good rebuild. Goal for that is much more modest. I need something that runs good on 87 octane. Those can hit 275RWHP and in a 3000 lb truck, should be a blast. And I have lots of time for that. Which is good. Between the new engine in the Mustang, the replacement engine for the Escape, and other home needs, I am tapped out for now.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #489 ·
Im hoping to have the Mustang running by mid December and can start to dial in my 93 pump tune. then I can really turn it up this spring/summer with some of that E85 sauce from Ryan. Cant wait to take it to the strip and do some 1/8 and 1/4 mile pulls. My SC CRZ is fun but its just way to damn slow. This is hopefully pretty much the end of the line for powertrain upgrades. I might potentially upgrade my rods to boostline rods if I can ever find a set in the future but the Callies H beams should hold up to NX2 levels of power for some time. the rest of the work on the car will be focused on suspension and handling since id like to be able to take the car on a road course every once in a while. I also have a Mishimoto oil cooler that came off when I installed my speedfactory IC that I'd like to see about fitting in a different location. I might also look into some driveline upgrades like axles, driveshafts and maybe a diff upgrade/cooler at some point.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #494 ·
Sounds like a fun road trip! I hope to be tuned in on E85 by the NMRA spring shootout
View attachment 41305
What kind of numbers are you pushing for??
I'm looking to make low 500's on my NX2. I'm prepped with a 19psi wastegate and all 3 fuel system upgrades. I don't want to grenade my head gasket like watchmyeco did on his built motor so I've added XDI injectors and a DW400 fuel pump. 500 HP will be plenty for a mild build on the track. My valve springs are good enough that I can probably rev put my motor a little past stock redline with no issues.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I'm looking to make low 500's on my NX2. I'm prepped with a 19psi wastegate and all 3 fuel system upgrades. I don't want to grenade my head gasket like watchmyeco did on his built motor so I've added XDI injectors and a DW400 fuel pump. 500 HP will be plenty for a mild build on the track. My valve springs are good enough that I can probably rev put my motor a little past stock redline with no issues.
Good thinking! It's nice to have a safety margin and 500 hp should still put you in the low 11s!

481 - 495 of 495 Posts