Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

161 - 180 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
I went ahead and ordered NITTO's in anticipation of getting car back sometime next week. I went with 255 40R 19 for the size. Wheels are stock GT/CS wheels.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
Tires are arriving tomorrow. Does anyone know if I'll be able to fit all 4 tires in the car? I might do a test fit in the room mates 5.0 when they arrive.

·
Super Moderator
2,729 Posts
I got 4 tires on wheels into my car, so yes, it's possible.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
I got 4 tires on wheels into my car, so yes, it's possible.
Thanks! Good to know. As soon as the body shop says when the car will be ready, I'm going to get an appointment at a tire shop to have them mounted and balanced. Next Friday I'll be hopefully heading down to the dragon for labor day weekend to do some dragon runs in the Stang with some sticky summers. Those Pirelli all seasons are becoming sketchier by the day as they wear down.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
Update from the body shop. They are estimating the car will be ready next thuresday... They found lots of oil residue on the intercooler. I did have an oil breather cap that was leaking oil for a bit that I have since removed. Not sure if that was the cause of the oil residue in the intercooler or if something else is the cause. Never had any overheating issues with the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Update from the body shop. They are estimating the car will be ready next thuresday... They found lots of oil residue on the intercooler. I did have an oil breather cap that was leaking oil for a bit that I have since removed. Not sure if that was the cause of the oil residue in the intercooler or if something else is the cause. Never had any overheating issues with the car.
Wow. That is A LOT of oil on your intercooler. So glad you're getting it fixed up! It looks like you have a Mishi oil cooler. Seems like it was leaking oil all over your IC.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
The good news is that the radiator and intercooler are not damaged. Oil cooler may or may not need service (possible leak). AC condensor was also bowed out, possibly from removal and replacement during the cooling system upgrades. AC still blows ice cold.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
Wow. That is A LOT of oil on your intercooler. So glad you're getting it fixed up! It looks like you have a Mishi oil cooler. Seems like it was leaking oil all over your IC.
Yep. Mishi oil cooler. not sure if the leak is from the oil cooler or the UPR breather cap I once had on the car. I noticed some oil leaking on the engine cover when I had the breather cap on. I did not notice any performance loss on the car despite having that much oil on the intercooler. Hopefully some engine engine degreaser will clean the oil off the intercooler. Its possible that the oil cooler has a leak in one of the lines. I'll have to check and see how much oil I have when repairs our done.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
Even more good news is that Mishi sells the lines seperately... They are about $50 each vs $550 for an entire oil cooler assembly. I'll have to keep an eye on things and see if the car is leaking any more oil after the repairs are complete.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Even more good news is that Mishi sells the lines seperately... They are about $50 each vs $550 for an entire oil cooler assembly. I'll have to keep an eye on things and see if the car is leaking any more oil after the repairs are complete.
I would be shocked if that wasn't a leak in the oil cooler. I've done myself the disservice of not seating my oil cap or dipstick all the way firm, and have seen the 'sloshing' that can occur on the cover. I have not seen anything like that on the intercooler. It's covered, like you drove through a tarpit. I would keep a firm eye on that oil cooler or remove it entirely IMHO.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
I would be shocked if that wasn't a leak in the oil cooler. I've done myself the disservice of not seating my oil cap or dipstick all the way firm, and have seen the 'sloshing' that can occur on the cover. I have not seen anything like that on the intercooler. It's covered, like you drove through a tarpit. I would keep a firm eye on that oil cooler or remove it entirely IMHO.
If it is the oil cooler, Mishi has a lifetime warranty on the oil cooler. Ill be able to get it replaced for free. Just have to send them pictures of the leak and a receipt. I'll be sure to keep an eye on it. Hopefully it's not a leak in the engine like others have experienced.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
Another update from the body shop... Looks like one of the oil line connections was loose on the oil cooler. That was likely the cause of the leak. They will clean off the oil with degreaser from the intercooler. I will definitly need to check and see if the oil levels are low before I go down to the Dragon next Friday.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
Just stopped by the body shop the other day. They are making good progress in the car. It might even be ready next Tuesday or Wednesday. The hood looks absolutely killer in person. It also has a hidden heat extractor on it as a bonus. Hopefully I'll have time to get those NITTO's on before next Friday.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
Car was not ready yesterday but will be ready for sure today. Dropped tires off at the tire shop to get done today. One of the shop mechanics dailies an S2000. His eyes opened wide and he had a big smile on his face when I said the tires were going on a 17 EcoBoost Mustang. Oh the joy of owning a loud Turbo 4 Stang!!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
They are doing a quick wash and then it will be done... 1 hr and I get my pony back. I called tire shop and said I might be 30-50 minutes late. They said no problem we'll take care of you when you get here...

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
Tires are getting installed now. Turns out I had a few lugs that seized... God thing I had an entire set of new lugs at the house. Room mate saved me big time. I'll have some pics shortly when the tires are done.

161 - 180 of 214 Posts