Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the highest (lasting) hp running a factory block with upper block (sleeve) support from vendors such as Livernois or the ST 2.0 block? Or is there an ever better stronger option? Looking for BIG power solutions.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've heard the Fusion TS 2.0 block is the one to start with. It's closed deck so no sleeve needed. But, that's just what I've picked up on the web. I live close enough to CylinderSupportSystems, that I may have them setup a block for me. If I'm going that route, I was thinking of picking up a used 2.3 block/long block (depending on the price) and having them do the machine work so I can pull my motor and leave it all stock as a backup.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yeah the 2.0 will hold it better than a sleeved block. Maybe around 650hp stable, give or take. I know that CSS also reinforces the 2.3's #2? cylinder externally, not just the deck insert. Whichever cylinder wall loves to blow through. Personally, I'm just waiting for when I pop my motor doing a burnout and then I'm gonna hit the scrap for a 2.0 block and stroke it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts