Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay now here's a question I want to do the Intercooler pipes and CAI tube for sure would you guys also do the box the air filter sits in or leave it black???

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Had the engine cover for my Ecoboost painted Race Red then Hydro dipped Carbon Fibre, here's how it turned out.Think I'm going to do the CAI tube and Intercooler pipes next the same..
I personally would leave the CAI tube and intercooler pipes black, that way, the engine cover becomes the stand out feature in your engine bay.... Making more of the same, would detract from it IMO.

·
Registered
420 Posts
What he said ^^^^

·
Registered
847 Posts
Wow...that's impressive looking!

·
Registered
33 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
Inquiring minds.. How much would something like this set one back? I've seen sites that offer them for sale custom painted, wondering how much to have it painted instead of buying a replacement

·
Registered
46 Posts
Inquiring minds.. How much would something like this set one back? I've seen sites that offer them for sale custom painted, wondering how much to have it painted instead of buying a replacement
I was looking into that RPI company, but what I wanted was like 300 bucks, for the smooth glossy finish, and some not so favorable reviews.. So I went to local ford body shop and asked them, $100 was the damage, and its as smooth as glass finish.

May not be a bad idea to call a local body shop and ask. I really like OP's carbon layer onto of the paint, really want to hear if he answers the cost of having it dipped. Ive never seen such a thing in real life.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I was looking into that RPI company, but what I wanted was like 300 bucks, for the smooth glossy finish, and some not so favorable reviews.. So I went to local ford body shop and asked them, $100 was the damage, and its as smooth as glass finish.

May not be a bad idea to call a local body shop and ask. I really like OP's carbon layer onto of the paint, really want to hear if he answers the cost of having it dipped. Ive never seen such a thing in real life. View attachment 35619
[email protected] dude that's not bad at all. Any mod cheaper than a catch can always raises an eyebrow lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts