Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i heard the engine noise is enchanced through the speakers, i'm just wondering, what happens if you listen to music, does it stop or still continue .
?. does it interfere with the music ?

·
Registered
362 Posts
It doesn't stop. It doesn't interfere with music. It's like magic. ;) It's a great question but no need to get wound up about and overthink it. People like different things. Some are "purists" or at least claim to be and somehow the enhanced sound or sound effects regarding the exhaust are seen as a threat to civilized society and may just cause a larger impact than global warming. In reality, where most of us live, the fake exhaust sound is at worst a minor annoyance, the rest of us just drive our car and enjoy the hell out if it, pumped in exhaust sound and all. You should too!

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,274 Posts
I Unplugged the mics 30 second job.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Eh, turning it off was a relief to me. It didn't play well with my aftermarket exhaust - very drone-y. Simple Forscan change and problem solved. I've also heard it causes problems with certain stereo upgrades. YMMV!
Yeah, that makes perfect sense. I have stock exhaust, purposefully have not changed it, so I tend to see things from that perspective. With the sound enhancer type device trying to read and enhance the "wrong" sound coming from an aftermarket exhaust, the whole process could end up just making really irritating noise. I'm kind of slow sometimes, lol. It never occurred to me that this is the reason why people get so worked up about being able to turn it off. Thanks!

·
Registered
842 Posts
Not all cars have the enhanced exhaust sound in them, you can have a dealer run a BOM (build of materials) on your VIN and be able to tell you if your car has the microphones in the front map light and rear of headliner. My 2020 premium coupe does not have the EES speakers in it so no issue with my MBRP cat back system.

I am not 100% sure but I think it is only in cars with the B&O, Skaker stereo systems and convertibles. Mine is the 9 speaker system.

BD

·
Registered
782 Posts
Not all cars have the enhanced exhaust sound in them, you can have a dealer run a BOM (build of materials) on your VIN and be able to tell you if your car has the microphones in the front map light and rear of headliner. My 2020 premium coupe does not have the EES speakers in it so no issue with my MBRP cat back system.

I am not 100% sure but I think it is only in cars with the B&O, Skaker stereo systems and convertibles. Mine is the 9 speaker system.

BD
I think you're mostly right there. We had this discussion before a while back and I think it was determined that they stopped using it in either 2019 or 2020. Mine is a 2018, with the 9-speaker system, and I did have it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just disabled it with FORSCAN. After upgrading the speakers and adding a sub, and turning off the stock equalization I wanted my music to sound as good as it's going to get.

Reactions: Buldawg76
1 - 8 of 8 Posts