Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone. I was hoping to never comment on a problem. But here I am.

I have a problem but I am not really sure WHAT the problem is. Its just a noise and a feeling. Below are a list of my mods and a description of the problem. Please tell me what you think of the description!

Mod list:
Oil Catch Can
Strut Tower Brace
K Member Brace
IRS Brace

*Always running 93 octane
*10 speed transmission
*3500 miles
*No tunes -all stock except for the additions above.

The problem started today and through some testing tonight seems to be happening more and more often - but not always. When accelerating from a stop the engine or transmission will sometimes stutter when applying moderate throttle pressure - to be quick, but not enough to break the wheels loose. The noise, I would describe as a low rumbling grinding sound. After a second or two of this noise it goes away. While costing and accelerating everything is normal. It seems to only happen from stops. Update: And after just testing it- it can even happen under normal slow starts too.

Since I noticed it this afternoon I have been monitoring the air fuel ratios and boost pressure and I don't see anything bad there. I do notice, the tachometer does seem to stutter when this happens.

My other random thoughts.
I am leaning more towards the transmission. The sound seems to come from "lower" down in the engine bay. But I suppose its possible (but unlikely) the K member brace it rattling under load.
I was also reading on here and found this thread. But the situation seems in the effects but happens are different times. Blown motor at 3k miles!!! Eco-BOOM

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update 11/21/21

Turns out, the sound was coming from the K member brace.

I was taking off the parts I had added, just to rule them out, and the K member brace was the cause. Very strange.
I guess when starting form a dead stop and putting all that power through the chassis all at once - that twisting motion was enough to pop, grind, and slide the bolt, bar, and the inserts that were used.

I am thankful it wasn't more serious.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts