Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Mustang EcoBoost 2.3L
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
couple odd questions to throw out there for some people, so when I shut the car off there is a rattling sound I’ve noticed. Is this normal? Or something I should be concerned about? 6 speed manual btw. My next question is I’ve seen people post about how the EcoBoost mustangs can push around 15-18 lbs. of boost, now I can get the psi to about 21 on a nice good day, is this normal also ? Not that it’s a bad thing but people seem kind of shocked when they hear that it could push that much

·
Super Moderator
3,212 Posts
Not sure about your rattling sound. I think we'd have to hear it.

As for the boost levels, I agree with @gatornek

·
Registered
185 Posts

·
Registered
2016 EcoBoost - Auto
162 Posts
I occasionally hear the same rattle when shutting off. I'd put it down to the super soft oem engine and trans mounts. When I installed TTR engine/trans race mounts and a high durometer AWR rear motor mount on my Fiesta ST, it's tendency to rattle disappeared entirely! NVH was nuts!!!

Currently hovering over my keyboard on buying a Boomba 60D trans mount. Looking to reduce engine movement a smidge. I know engine mounts would be best, but the install for those is way, way more involved than on my FiST. Def not looking to go that aggressive again. Figure the trans is bolted up to the engine, so the Boomba should help some.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts