Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I disconnected the battery to fix a camera issue in the trunk, the cars compass is off. I know I’m facing a certain direction and it’s telling me I’m facing some other way. In addition, my navigation also displays the completely wrong area, meaning I am not where it says I am. What do I do? Photos attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
When mine did that it turned out to be related to the wiring for the Sirius antenna - had to replace it and once I did the compass worked fine as well. Do you have satellite radio issues as well?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No my radio works fine as far as I know. When fixing the rear camera issue, I ended up seeing that the wires were disconnected and chewed up, so I splicing a bunch of wires an reconnecting them using similar copper ones. I’m thinking maybe I might have connected an incorrect one throwing off my gps and compass? No clue really.

·
Registered
158 Posts
No my radio works fine as far as I know. When fixing the rear camera issue, I ended up seeing that the wires were disconnected and chewed up, so I splicing a bunch of wires an reconnecting them using similar copper ones. I’m thinking maybe I might have connected an incorrect one throwing off my gps and compass? No clue really.
If the navigation and compass issues started with that -- or preceded you finding the wire issues -- then you are probably correct and something isn't right in the way you wired it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts