Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
The Dealership would have to prove your resonator delete is what did the damage in order to not do warranty work for free and there is nothing the resonator does except keep the drone down so it can't break anything not having it. As for inspection you should be fine just check with a local shop and I don't know if you have emissions or not. Also you can get a O2 spacer so the check engine light won't come on with your downpipe. The tuners won't block the check engine light anymore because of FDA laws. I have a Catless downpipe resonator delete and Flowmaster Outlaw series axle back and I don't have a problem passing inspection because I know someone who will pass my car without a Cat and I don't have emissions in my County.

So the o2 spacer on amazon for about $10 would work? and ide be getting a catted downpipe, ik its not the greatest but its better then stock, less restrictive and still legal if i cant find no one to pass it without a cat. How does yours sound with what have done to it? I know when I put the outlaws on right after i got the car it sounded amazing compared to stock, people can hear me now lol.

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you do the same thing as me you are going to be very loud. IMO it sounds good. Some friends love it some call me a Civic. It's all opinion based. But yes the a o2 sensor spacer will work. No promise it won't make the CEL not pop up though. I have one on mine and it have not had a CEL since I put it on. Just make sure you ask a local shop about things before you do it. Make sure you don't have emissions testing and if you do then I'm not sure if it would pass like that or not. One of the other guys on here will be able to answer that for you though.

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you do the same thing as me you are going to be very loud. IMO it sounds good. Some friends love it some call me a Civic. It's all opinion based. But yes the a o2 sensor spacer will work. No promise it won't make the CEL not pop up though. I have one on mine and it have not had a CEL since I put it on. Just make sure you ask a local shop about things before you do it. Make sure you don't have emissions testing and if you do then I'm not sure if it would pass like that or not. One of the other guys on here will be able to answer that for you though.
I do know i have emission tests, but thats why im gonna go with a catted downpipe to stay "legal" with the downpipe. And thank you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Couldnt agree more with Elvis, anuthing after the DP is sound only. The DP is the restriction.
Okay so I have a stock mustang ecoboost with a cool air intake and a full straight pipe (mufflers cat and resonator delete) (Check engine light is on) If I get a downpipe will that make my car louder, and take away my check engine light? and will it effect my engine in a positive or negative way?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Okay so I have a stock mustang ecoboost with a cool air intake and a full straight pipe (mufflers cat and resonator delete) (Check engine light is on) If I get a downpipe will that make my car louder, and take away my check engine light? and will it effect my engine in a positive or negative way?
Your resonator is that suitcase in the middle of the car and the mufflers are between your rear axle and bumper. Your cat is part of your downpipe. Did you cut it out of your OEM downpipe? I'm asking because you want to know if replacing the downpipe will make the car louder. I answered your question in your other post.

"You indicated that you deleted mufflers, resonator, and cat, but if you still have the OEM downpipe, then you still have a cat. Replacing the downpipe with either a non-cat or race cat aftermarket downpipe WILL make the car louder, but will NOT take away the CEL. Changing the OEM exhaust flow characteristics and O2 sensors ability to read properly WILL affect your engine in a negative way unless tuning is performed."

I will add to this that most tuners will not touch anything having to do with emissions and CELs under penalty of fines (EPA). The best recourse is to either replace with a race catted downpipe and O2 sensor restrictor or go non-catted (off-road/track) and deal with the CEL, because an O2 restrictor usually doesn't work 100% in that configuration.

We can't help you with informative answers if you don't present us with accurate facts. If you did not hack or replace your OEM downpipe, you have a cat.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Your resonator is that suitcase in the middle of the car and the mufflers are between your rear axle and bumper. Your cat is part of your downpipe. Did you cut it out of your OEM downpipe? I'm asking because you want to know if replacing the downpipe will make the car louder. I answered your question in your other post.

"You indicated that you deleted mufflers, resonator, and cat, but if you still have the OEM downpipe, then you still have a cat. Replacing the downpipe with either a non-cat or race cat aftermarket downpipe WILL make the car louder, but will NOT take away the CEL. Changing the OEM exhaust flow characteristics and O2 sensors ability to read properly WILL affect your engine in a negative way unless tuning is performed."

I will add to this that most tuners will not touch anything having to do with emissions and CELs under penalty of fines (EPA). The best recourse is to either replace with a race catted downpipe and O2 sensor restrictor or go non-catted (off-road/track) and deal with the CEL, because an O2 restrictor usually doesn't work 100% in that configuration.

We can't help you with informative answers if you don't present us with accurate facts. If you did not hack or replace your OEM downpipe, you have a cat.
Yes i have deleted the cat off of my car so i guess i no longer have the OEM downpipe. Would getting a catless downpipe, and a CEL tune fix all the problems and make my car louder? Sorry for asking so many questions but im kind of new into the car game xD

·
Administrator
3,670 Posts
Yes i have deleted the cat off of my car so i guess i no longer have the OEM downpipe. Would getting a catless downpipe, and a CEL tune fix all the problems and make my car louder? Sorry for asking so many questions but im kind of new into the car game xD
OK, this isn't any clearer. Did you replace the stock downpipe with a catless one or not? There is no other way to "delete the cat" on this car. If you've already done it, then you already know the answer.

This is a stock downpipe with cat (bottom) next to an aftermarket catless one (top): {not my image}

This is the correct answer.

Reactions: KewlWinter
21 - 27 of 27 Posts