Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've been lurking on this forum for quite some time, I just made an account to post this question I can't find anywhere.

Could anyone with an MBRP Race or a Magnaflow Street catback please record your exhaust Volume? It doesn't have to be with fancy mics if you don't have those you could download an app on your phone and record it that way.

I would like to know how much Db it produces at idle and how much at redline or close to redline. Please let my know what the loudest value is you've recorded. It should be about 3 feet from the exhaust and an angle of 45 degree but all measurements are fine for me.

The reason I ask this is because I track my car (circuit racing) and they have strict DB rules, you can't go over 103db stationary at 70% of the vehicle's power or 103db driving at any rpm range. I really like the sound of the MBRP Race but I'm afraid it would be too loud and I can't find DB numbers anywhere. The Magnaflow Street sounds good as well but I prefer the deep aggresive sound with cracks and pops of the MBRP Race.

I live in Europe so I can't really return an exhaust after I purchased it or have the chance to hear it in person so I must choose good.

Those with the Street version of the MBRP catback or any other exhausts may also do a recording if they wish, it would really help me a lot.

Thanks in advance,
Walt

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have the Magnaflow Competition Axle-Back Exhaust (PN 19179) with factory resonator and stock cat/downpipe.

While it may not be exactly what you are looking for, if you are interested, I can take dB measurements for you, it is very mild.

Here is just a general sound clip

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the Magnaflow Competition Axle-Back Exhaust (PN 19179) with factory resonator and stock cat/downpipe.

While it may not be exactly what you are looking for, if you are interested, I can take dB measurements for you, it is very mild.

Here is just a general sound clip

Sounds good! Thank you for your reply and offer, I would appreciate it if you could take measurements. I'm not looking to get an Axle-back but atleast it'll give me an idea on how loud a setup like this is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts