Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Mustang EcoBoost 2.3L
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just ordered some axle back exhaust for the ecostang. The brand is “NXT step performance”, yes I ordered it already BUT has anyone heard anything bad? Anything good? Also by me doing this little with the exhaust am I able to throw some tuning on it ?? Or do I need to go up further towards turbo to get better exhaust flow first?

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Hey everyone, just ordered some axle back exhaust for the ecostang. The brand is “NXT step performance”, yes I ordered it already BUT has anyone heard anything bad? Anything good? Also by me doing this little with the exhaust am I able to throw some tuning on it ?? Or do I need to go up further towards turbo to get better exhaust flow first?
You won't see a ton of gains from an axleback but a tune will certainly help. A full catback is certainly the way to go for maximum gains. Changing out the stock downpipe will make for a more free flowing exhaust.

·
Registered
2019 Mustang EcoBoost 2.3L
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You won't see a ton of gains from an axleback but a tune will certainly help. A full catback is certainly the way to go for maximum gains. Changing out the stock downpipe will make for a more free flowing exhaust.
Will keep in mind. Thank you!

·
Registered
638 Posts
What was said above without doubt. Every bolt on mod so far that I have added has benifitted from a tweek to the tune and the cars responded so much better for it. Last mod was an Airaid MIT, yeap still needed a tweek.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I'm not sure you meant "full catback... for maximum gains," but you're right about upgrading from the factory downpipe. Maybe you meant full turbo-back exhaust for maximum gains?

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I'm not sure you meant "full catback... for maximum gains," but you're right about upgrading from the factory downpipe. Maybe you meant full turbo-back exhaust for maximum gains?
Sorry. I meant catback but a turboback would certainly be the better option. Straight pipe would be the best option but some don't want it that LOUD.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts