Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Mustang fam! I'm new to Ford Mustang world! Purchased my first turboboost mustang in 2019 with a like new 2018 convertible. Although I'm loving the top down, I need more speed. I've already put an after market catback exhaust on, just purchased a K&N Cold air intake charger and blow off valve and I have questions. What better place to go, right? Looking forward to learning from everyone's experiences on how to make my ride better and faster.

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
977 Posts
Please don't put the rice boi blow off valve on. It's a sound effect at best at this level of tune. Invest in FMIC keep the stock air box but upgrade the intake tube. Cat backs will offer little more then sound just like the blow off valve so aim for a turbo back exhaust. Then look at getting it tuned Cobb is the go too but others are available. Hope this helps

Oh you can get a catch can as well. People swear by them and catch ALOT of blow by although ive had mine on now for almost a month and ive caught near 0.

·
Super Moderator
3,637 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Lots of information here to be had!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hey Mustang fam! I'm new to Ford Mustang world! Purchased my first turboboost mustang in 2019 with a like new 2018 convertible. Although I'm loving the top down, I need more speed. I've already put an after market catback exhaust on, just purchased a K&N Cold air intake charger and blow off valve and I have questions. What better place to go, right? Looking forward to learning from everyone's experiences on how to make my ride better and faster.
Upgrade the intercooler. CVF has good prices on intercoolers and I have not heard any bad reviews for them. I run one myself with no issues. Get Cobb Accessport V3. You can run off the shelf tunes but I would recommend going protune to be safe. PD tuning is really good with this platform. Have fun!

·
Registered
2016 Mustang Ecoboost, 6-speed manual, premium
35 Posts
Tuning us best bang for your buck power. I've gone through 5-star for my tuning on my current mustang and used Unleashed on my last one. Getting a throttle enhancer like the one from racechip can give you better Acceleration but doesn't add any power.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts