Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been a long journey, with my car in and out of two different shops and between two different tuners I finally hit the numbers I was looking for.
Mods are:
MAPerformance big turbo kit 5862 ball bearing
Map street intercooler
Map catted downpipe and charge pipes
Tial blow off valve
Turbosmart external wastegate(10lb spring)
MBRP street exhaust
NGK one step colder plugs
Custom dyno tune from Kinetic Autoworks with COBB AP
I just registered on this site but I’ve been reading every thread I saw for months now, learning everything I can from you guys so thank you all for your experience and wisdom.
I’ve run into so many issues along the way I thought this day would never come so I wanted to share this with you all since you helped me get here!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,119 Posts
Welcome to the forum! We're a good bunch, and obviously you've learned from us. Hope we can learn fro you!

Reactions: Boosted5862

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For a point of reference for anybody with full bolt ons and considering a big turbo, I was at 330hp/430tq with full bolt ons(before big turbo) on 93. I was happy with the torque but not the HP and didn’t want to use anything except 93 for fuel. So I got one of the bigger turbo options to make sure I could hit my HP target on 93.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey @gatornek thanks brother! Yes during this entire process over the last 6 months it has been a daily thought of either upgrading the internals or going with a new built block. The main hurdle right now is getting it past the wifey lol. I’d love to just throw in new internals but with my luck then the cylinder wall would blow? So I think I’m gonna go with a full built block as soon as I am able to. On a side note, just got back from a spirited drive trying to hit my peak numbers on the Cobb. I got pretty close, wasn’t safe to push it any further though lol.
image.jpg

Outstanding! I love to see someone who put it all together meticulously. Welcome!! Have you given any thought to upgrading your internals, now that your pushing so much HP?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Weird, I thought the Cobb AP Est. HP was at the crank? Is that picture from after your tune? I've hit 390hp and 435ft-lb torque on my AP with a stock turbo on 91 octane. My AFR under WOT is typically 11ish, so I know there's more room for power with a pro-tune. Given the air temp was much cooler and it runs like trash when its hot out.
IMG_2995.jpg

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Weird, I thought the Cobb AP Est. HP was at the crank? Is that picture from after your tune? I've hit 390hp and 435ft-lb torque on my AP with a stock turbo on 91 octane. My AFR under WOT is typically 11ish, so I know there's more room for power with a pro-tune. Given the air temp was much cooler and it runs like trash when its hot out. View attachment 35850
Weird, I thought the Cobb AP Est. HP was at the crank? Is that picture from after your tune? I've hit 390hp and 435ft-lb torque on my AP with a stock turbo on 91 octane. My AFR under WOT is typically 11ish, so I know there's more room for power with a pro-tune. Given the air temp was much cooler and it runs like trash when its hot out. View attachment 35850
Hey Ironfist, hmm, I see what you’re saying. The tune with dyno sheet was from yesterday afternoon and the AP pic is from today. For HP the monitor is estimated brake you’re right so I’m confused as well, but my torque monitor is TCC Torque not estimated. On my previous tune on a different dyno I was at 350/350 at the wheel at only 20 psi. On this final dyno tune I’m pushing 28 psi. I just got the Cobb AP yesterday so I’m still figuring it out, I had to buy it for them to tune with it as my previous tuner was using hp tuners and couldn’t get me where I needed to be.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Ironfist, hmm, I see what you’re saying. The tune with dyno sheet was from yesterday afternoon and the AP pic is from today. For HP the monitor is estimated brake you’re right so I’m confused as well, but my torque monitor is TCC Torque not estimated. On my previous tune on a different dyno I was at 350/350 at the wheel at only 20 psi. On this final dyno tune I’m pushing 28 psi. I just got the Cobb AP yesterday so I’m still figuring it out, I had to buy it for them to tune with it as my previous tuner was using hp tuners and couldn’t get me where I needed to be.
I just remembered also, these readings were in traffic so I was only on the throttle for a couple seconds each time, nowhere near a full pull so maybe that’s why. I’ll try to find a good place to let her rip tomorrow and see what I come up with?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
GO FOR IT! Was your tune limited by fuel supply at all?
Well, it’s a sad day for me and the car. It was raining all day and I was waiting for it to stop so I could get out there and make some pulls. It finally stopped raining so I headed out towards route 50 as it’s the best option for high speed. Well I didn’t even make it half way there, I was on a two lane road with concrete curbs on both sides and a deer ran out in front of me(which happens all the time here). I swerved (and admittedly I was going faster than I should have been) and was successfully counter steering between the two lanes until about the fourth swerve I finally slammed the right rear wheel into the concrete curb. It blew the tire of course and also cracked the rim apart. Mine didn’t come with a spare but a mobile kit with tire sealant. I hooked it up tight as I could but it blew all over the wheel instead of going inside so no inflation possible. Luckily I was right down the street from my local tire shop so I rode the rim about a quarter mile to the shop. On top of that, when I pulled up I noticed a check engine light? Pulled the codes and there were three but luckily nothing serious. All had to do with the heating element on the o2 sensors, bank 1 sensor 1 and bank 1 sensor 2. So it’s in the tire shop getting the new wheel and tire and once I get it back I’ll take care of the codes. IronFist, my tuner said he would only push the tune further up until things no longer look safe or are not running optimally. I did ask him about the fuel specifically and he said it’s good to go no shortage or anything. So, I’ll report back once I get my baby back and have everything straight?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Well, it’s a sad day for me and the car. It was raining all day and I was waiting for it to stop so I could get out there and make some pulls. It finally stopped raining so I headed out towards route 50 as it’s the best option for high speed. Well I didn’t even make it half way there, I was on a two lane road with concrete curbs on both sides and a deer ran out in front of me(which happens all the time here). I swerved (and admittedly I was going faster than I should have been) and was successfully counter steering between the two lanes until about the fourth swerve I finally slammed the right rear wheel into the concrete curb. It blew the tire of course and also cracked the rim apart. Mine didn’t come with a spare but a mobile kit with tire sealant. I hooked it up tight as I could but it blew all over the wheel instead of going inside so no inflation possible. Luckily I was right down the street from my local tire shop so I rode the rim about a quarter mile to the shop. On top of that, when I pulled up I noticed a check engine light? Pulled the codes and there were three but luckily nothing serious. All had to do with the heating element on the o2 sensors, bank 1 sensor 1 and bank 1 sensor 2. So it’s in the tire shop getting the new wheel and tire and once I get it back I’ll take care of the codes. IronFist, my tuner said he would only push the tune further up until things no longer look safe or are not running optimally. I did ask him about the fuel specifically and he said it’s good to go no shortage or anything. So, I’ll report back once I get my baby back and have everything straight?
A moment of silence for your stang today, hope it turns out to just be the tire and rim! You all good sir?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Dang man sorry to hear that, gotta be careful on slick surfaces brotha! I damn near did the same thing getting on it this morning in dry conditions....

Hope its just the wheel/tire and you can get back on the road soon.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A moment of silence for your stang today, hope it turns out to just be the tire and rim! You all good sir?

View attachment 35860
Thanks fellas I appreciate it. So it turned out to thankfully just be the rim and it will be in tomorrow from special order. The only thing is this rim is $800 which blows my mind! When they told me that of course I looked online and damn if it isn’t that much or more. So they’re putting it on tomorrow and doing an alignment, then I have to get the o2 sensor heaters straightened out and I’ll be 100% again. I’ll let you guys know when I’m back in action.??

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm glad its getting taken care of....but [email protected]$800 for ONE rim?? Yikes.
Yeah I couldn’t believe it either, they are factory PP wheels. Well the tire shop called with bad/good news today. Bad news is they sent the wrong wheel, same style different finish(mine are black) and it’ll be two more days to get the right one in. Good news is that the correct wheel is $270 cheaper than the one they sent which is awesome. Anyway I just realized I never even told you guys about my car other than power mods. It’s a 2016 Magnetic Metal premium AT. She’s lowered an inch with a Rousch black rear spoiler, Cervinis C series chin spoiler, black 19” PP rims, black wrapped roof and mirrors. Headlight corners blacked out and taillights blacked on the sides, color matched blank deck lid panel and black/chrome gas door. Interior has dash and steering wheel wrapped black, red shift knob, red gt350 start button, red accents around the ac vents, footwell lights, map lights replaced and weatherproof mats with running pony logo. Next things I want to add are the new GT500 front bumper/fascia, ram air carbon fiber hood, large ducktail spoiler, GT350 fenders and backdraft rear window louvers. Ill be getting these pieces on soon as possible. Cars in the shop and I don’t have any new pics with the new chin spoiler but here’s a couple old pics of her. I’ll post new ones when I get her back and some interior shots as well
0825D861-D32E-4F41-AC21-672151932628.jpeg
DB3918D5-D0CC-4D34-998F-293B4FF16D6A.jpeg
??

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Alright got her back today with the new wheel and an alignment she’s lookin good!
839277F6-3FDE-4B09-A928-14CD0EE693FB.jpeg
56EC422C-B8E7-416D-99C9-B967917D5854.jpeg

Now I’ve got an appointment for Monday morning to get those codes taken care of then I’ll be back out on the road to get some numbers!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts