Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day everyone,

So I need to put my first set of tires on my 2016. Ecoboost Convetible manual T. The tire size 235-50-18 V rated. I'm looking for performance and a nice ride. It came with a set of good year. Any suggestions or buying experience from anyone? Thanks everyone!

Mike

·
Registered
47 Posts
Firestone Indy 500, and they won't break the bank.

Reactions: johnnybee

·
Registered
2020 Ecoboost High Performance Package
8 Posts
As a personal recommendation stay under Z rated tires. My Mustang came with Z rated tires, and Ford won't patch flats, it seems to be frowned upon by everyone, they want the tires replaced. I've owned the car 15 months and had two flats, not sure if the rubber is more prone to flats or just bad luck. Also summer tires can't be drive below 45 drees outside and I live near a pass, so I have to time trips during the day.
That said I like Toyo's or Good Years if I get a choice, but usually go to reputable shop and get what the recommend in a good rating. Also note covid has caused a tire shortage too :)

·
Registered
859 Posts
I am not yet due for fair weather rubber but have been checking out the local tire shop's website as well as reading most posts about rubber. It seems that many people like the above mentioned Firestone Firehawk Indy 500, as it provides pretty good performance at a lower price point. For example, that tire in your size (and mine) is CDN$208 while the OEM P Zero Nero is $238. Not a big difference but I'm not very thrilled with the performance of the Pirelli so I wouldn't replace it with the same anyway. They will wear a bit faster as they having a wear rating of 340 vs. 400 for the Pirelli.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts