Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting my Ecoboost today or tomorrow and I have a question about the first oil change. This is the first new car I have owned in a long time. Do you still do a oil change after 1,000 miles when the engine brakes in?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I may do the same at 3k. Maybe I am old school put I like getting all the junk out of the engine when it was built as soon as possible.

·
Administrator
6,644 Posts
I did mine early. 1.5K. I had autocrossed and tracked it several times and wanted to check the results.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I did mine after break in at 1k.. Switched to full synthetic and bought a filtermag and put it on the oil filter.. I've used their product before, on my big block fairmont, and was real happy with it...

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got two oils changes under my belt already. I can not believe I got 10 thousand miles on the car already.

·
Registered
mustang ecoboost 2015 4 cyl/turbo
87 Posts
...I don't see anything in the manual for 5k oil change...but again I should be wearing glasses....lol...the only thing I see is 10k for check ups.....enlighten me please if I am missing something...

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
The manual states when the car tells you or 10k or 1 year which ever comes first.

I did a couple of early changes but didn't reset the oil life monitor just to see when it would tell me to change the oil, it came on around 7500 miles.

Over the past 40 years all my turbo cars have had synthetic oil changed on 7500 mile intervals. Never had a turbo or internal engine failure with a couple going 200,000+ miles so I will stick to the same plan for the Mustang.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I did mine at a hair under 1200 miles. Mobil 1 since but will probably change to Quaker State Ultimate, or whatever they are calling their top synthetic now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts