Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunday was my first event with the cincy scca. For anyone considering attending, find a local autocross club and do it. It's the most fun I've had with my clothes on. My local chapter are wonderful people and very wiling to help others who have no clue what they're doing, just like my wife and i. They have a special staging lane for two drivers in one car. This is one thing I wish I hadn't waited so long to do. So, if you've ever wanted to learn to autocross, just get out there and DO IT!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
By mistake/fate wife and I went to a flea market looking for rust and they just happened to have an event that day . They invited us in and found us some bad as blown coyotes to ride along with. We went to the SCCA website, paid for an annual membership, and signed up for the next event. We just signed up for next month's points event. Try the SCCA website for more info. Hope I helped some. Good luck, go autocross.

·
Registered
647 Posts
By mistake/fate wife and I went to a flea market looking for rust and they just happened to have an event that day . They invited us in and found us some bad as blown coyotes to ride along with. We went to the SCCA website, paid for an annual membership, and signed up for the next event. We just signed up for next month's points event. Try the SCCA website for more info. Hope I helped some. Good luck, go autocross.
Thanks, I have been to the SCCA website and unfortunately there are no local clubs within 200 miles of me.

BD

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Three threads down there is a post " Thinking of getting into autocross" that has info on other clubs to look into. I've got my fingers crossed that one of those other alphabet clubs offers something close to you. Good luck my friend!

Reactions: Buldawg76

·
Administrator
3,795 Posts
Thanks, I have been to the SCCA website and unfortunately there are no local clubs within 200 miles of me.

BD

Looks like the Alabama SCCA does their events at Barber Motorsports Park outside of Birmingham. It looks pretty central in Alabama to me. Their next event is this weekend - SCCA - Alabama Region

If you're north, there's GRIP Autocross in Gadsen, AL - GRIP Autocross. Gadsden Al also with an event this weekend.

If you're south, there's a Gulf Coast SCCA event in Pensacola, FL this weekend. Gulf Coast Region SCCA

·
Registered
647 Posts

Looks like the Alabama SCCA does their events at Barber Motorsports Park outside of Birmingham. It looks pretty central in Alabama to me. Their next event is this weekend - SCCA - Alabama Region

If you're north, there's GRIP Autocross in Gadsen, AL - GRIP Autocross. Gadsden Al also with an event this weekend.

If you're south, there's a Gulf Coast SCCA event in Pensacola, FL this weekend. Gulf Coast Region SCCA
Well, I have been to Barbers many times for the Vintage days motorcycle festival and IMSA races and knew they had some club track days but never came across any SCCA events showing up there. I have even been on the SCCA website looking as well. Both Barbers and Gadsden are only 1 hour away from me.

I will look into them for sure. I just got back from the Hot Rod power tour so funds are tight for a bit but will check out the clubs indeed. I guess I just did not know what exactly to look for in terms of events and not doing any social media limits me some as well. No fake book for me.

Thanks Zhent

BD

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do tell about the power tour. We're on the same page as far as social media, never been on fakebook, I follow no one, never participated on churp, belch, fart, tweet, ect.. That crap is a total waste of brain cells.

·
Administrator
3,795 Posts
The only thing I'm on Facebook for is Autocross. For some reason a lot of clubs put their events up there.

·
Administrator
6,644 Posts

BD
BMW and Porsche often have autocross events. I'd try a more general search on Autocross and your area.

Reactions: Buldawg76

·
Registered
647 Posts
Do tell about the power tour. We're on the same page as far as social media, never been on fakebook, I follow no one, never participated on churp, belch, fart, tweet, ect.. That crap is a total waste of brain cells.
Yep, were on the same page as far as social media. I am just too old skool for all the drama on those places.

The power tour was fun but brutal this year with 100 degrees every day at the venues so was just hard to endure the heat and enjoy yourself. But it was a bucket list item, and I can now say I have joined the long hauler gang. It was from Memphis, Nashville, Birmingham, Pensacola, Atlanta so 1500 miles in 5 days and heat indexes of 110 to 115 degrees at each stop. I am not a young buck anymore and am still recouping from the trip last week from the 12th to the 17th. Did get to dyno the car at Pensacola and made 264 RWHP and 380 RWTQ in 7th which is 1:1 but hit the speed limiter at 122 mph in first pull, so dropped to 6th gear for the second two pulls and made the same 264 RWHP but the torque went up to 427 RWTQ due to 6th being 1.27:1 ratio. Thats was in 100 degree ambient temps with intake temp of 129 degrees so not bad for being way to hot to get good numbers plus the dyno stopped recording at 5k rpm when the pulls were from 3k to 6k rpms. See attached link below for dyno graph and more info.

If you get the chance to do it go for it but just hope its in the spring or fall for nicer weather or at least up north in the summer.

Go to post #10 for the info and dyno graph.
NMRA Ford Performance Nationals this weekend! | Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum

BD

1 - 12 of 12 Posts