Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my car (2016 with 52k miles) was sitting out in snow and sometimes sub-zero temperatures this past week (no problems before that, but may be coincidence). Sun was out a few days ago and the temps reached what felt like tropical weather at that point with a nice 22 degree day so I went out to start my car. I was met with a warning message on the center screen that my coolant was over temperature. Took me a couple of days but I fixed that issue. It was basically a messed up sensor. Took it out for a little test drive to make sure temps were all good. The start up seemed a little rough for a few seconds but I've left my car sitting for a week before and start up was also insane back then. I drove it like a 90 year old grandma the entire test drive. Everything seems fine. Temps are good and nothing seems off. Definitely no CEL is on. I get back home and plug in my code reader just cause..... and I get code P0301 which is the code for a misfire in cylinder 1. I don't have a CEL or anything and the start up this morning felt normal-ish. I'm going to check spark plugs and coils even though I changed the spark plugs a year ago. Any other ideas as to why I apparently have a cylinder 1 misfire? My coolant levels were very low so I added about 3/4 of a gallon before taking it out for a test drive.

·
Super Moderator
6,262 Posts
It was probably a one-off misfire, enough to increment the counter, but nothing drastic enough to set off the CEL. Keep an eye on it, it should be fine without having to do anything to the plugs/coils etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was probably a one-off misfire, enough to increment the counter, but nothing drastic enough to set off the CEL. Keep an eye on it, it should be fine without having to do anything to the plugs/coils etc.
That actually seems to be it. I got off work and started up my car. I waited a few minutes and then plugged in my code reader and it didn't pop a code this time. I did try to do a pull but it felt as though the car was pulling timing. It felt very similar to when I got tuned and the car had to learn it over the course of a few hundred miles. Will try again later tonight and see if there's any codes. If not, I will try more pulls and see what happens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts