Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a quick question for anyone who put a flowmaster outlaw axle-back exhaust on their car. How loud would you say it is, and dose it should somewhat deep because the last thing I want is my car to sound like a Honda with fart can exhaust. So my biggest question would be is it obnoxiously loud or not, and dose it sound fairly deep ( I know it is not going to sound like a gt). I am also up for any other suggestions.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have flowmaster outlaws on mine. I’m happy with them but they aren’t for everybody. They sound a little deeper to me than a lot of the ecoboost exhausts that I’ve heard but I honestly haven’t been around too many others to give a solid opinion. Keep in mind your choice of downpipe and resonator will have a big impact on the overall sound also. If you are only doing an axle-back, I think it would be nice and quiet with a little deep growl.

Here are a couple old clips of mine.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I have a quick question for anyone who put a flowmaster outlaw axle-back exhaust on their car. How loud would you say it is, and dose it should somewhat deep because the last thing I want is my car to sound like a Honda with fart can exhaust. So my biggest question would be is it obnoxiously loud or not, and dose it sound fairly deep ( I know it is not going to sound like a gt). I am also up for any other suggestions.
Do a forum search on Moxman Exhaust. It's one of the lightest and most cost effective exhausts you can do. Moxman works at an exhaust shop in CA, but his design could be duplicated at any exhaust shop that does custom work. It replaces the resonator with a single magnaflow muffler, with one inlet and two outlets, then cut the rear mufflers out and weld in straight pipes to replace them. I think the magnaflow muffler he used was a 12268, but check his posts. Also, he replaced the stock 2 1/4" pipes from the resonator all the way back with 2 1/2" pipes, but I think this is unnecessary, as two 2 1/4" pipes will flow more than a single 3" pipe, should you ever want to upgrade your downpipe to a 3". Moxman's exhaust has a deeper tone, with a bit more volume than stock, but I sure wouldn't call it loud. One of the best parts of this exhaust is you should be able to get a shop to do it for you for no more than $500, parts and labor, so you don't even have to get your hands dirty.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Do a forum search on Moxman Exhaust. It's one of the lightest and most cost effective exhausts you can do. Moxman works at an exhaust shop in CA, but his design could be duplicated at any exhaust shop that does custom work. It replaces the resonator with a single magnaflow muffler, with one inlet and two outlets, then cut the rear mufflers out and weld in straight pipes to replace them. I think the magnaflow muffler he used was a 12268, but check his posts. Also, he replaced the stock 2 1/4" pipes from the resonator all the way back with 2 1/2" pipes, but I think this is unnecessary, as two 2 1/4" pipes will flow more than a single 3" pipe, should you ever want to upgrade your downpipe to a 3". Moxman's exhaust has a deeper tone, with a bit more volume than stock, but I sure wouldn't call it loud. One of the best parts of this exhaust is you should be able to get a shop to do it for you for no more than $500, parts and labor, so you don't even have to get your hands dirty.
Do you have any videos of the single in/dual out magnaflow exhausts? I’ve heard it mentioned a lot on this site but never heard it. It sounds like a solid option. I have something similar on my sons Tundra with a single in/dual out flowmaster super 10.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Do you have any videos of the single in/dual out magnaflow exhausts? I’ve heard it mentioned a lot on this site but never heard it. It sounds like a solid option. I have something similar on my sons Tundra with a single in/dual out flowmaster super 10.
Do a search on Moxman Exhaust. He posted videos. If I recall correctly, I think he posted a video on YouTube and provided a link.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts