Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I'm wondering if anybody has heard the Flowtech 12145FLT System in person?
We have limited exhaust options in Australia for the Ecoboost but I can get my hands on 1 of these locally for a decent price. Problem is, I can't find any sound files or feedback online anywhere for this system.
I contacted the manufacturer and all they say is it is more aggressive than stock.
What does that mean? If I let out a fart it would sound more aggressive than stock.
It looks the same as some of the systems CJ and AM are selling but wondering if it sounds similar to any of these.
I just want a louder and deeper note than stock (minimal rasp).
I'm not after performance improvements.

Automotive lighting Gas Font Auto part Nickel

FORD MUSTANG Flowtech 12145FLT Flowtech Axle-Back Exhaust Systems | Summit Racing

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
You are right, that here in Australia, we are fairly limited for exhaust options for our Ecoboosts.
What is even harder, is finding something that is actually in stock, and not a long wait while its imported from overseas.

Take a look at the Roush Axle-back exhaust, which is currently in stock at Mustang Motorsport in Victoria.
I and a few others on this forum from Australia have these on our cars, and are quite happy with the sound.
Not over the top, no drone at cruising speeds and an easy install.

Link here;
ROUSH 2015-17 EcoBoost Dual Tip Exhaust Kit - Mustang Motorsport

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi mate, yeah I was considering the Roush a while back but when I heard 1 in person it sounded good on start up and idle but I found it too raspy under acceleration (that was on a Auto transmission). The note is not deep enough for my liking. The Flowtech is also in stock in Melbourne and is around $200 cheaper. I was hoping someone on here has heard one and can comment on it (my EB has a Manual gear box). I quite like the sound of the CJ Pony version of this system but we can’t get that here.

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
952 Posts
I second the Roush. Plus I know haters are gonna hate but it's awesome with a burrble tune, brings out my inner child.

Reactions: Go Further
1 - 4 of 4 Posts