Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
That is hilarious, the reason the Ford Performance tunes take so long to come out is they get them certified to meet the emissions requirements. You even get a sticker to place under the hood with the executive order number that proves it.

If you don't want to go the local ASE tech route just go onto the Ford Performance web site and look up a FP certified dealer in your area.

Personally i installed mine myself and had my son print a receipt from his shop for an hours labor. Emailed that, the receipt for the tune purchase and a copy of his ASE Master Tech receipt to FP and had confirmation of the tune being registered for the warranty in less that two hours.

Dave

·
Registered
18 Posts
The day gets better! Was told by one pro shop today that they can't install my intercooler unless I allow them to pro tune it .. and they other shop around my way just said he'll do it.............. For $400....... Lol this is seriously laughable.

Bright side... I got a set of brand new Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 275's for $330 shipped. Literally the only good thing to come from today as far as my car (which still isn't here yet) goes...

·
Registered
246 Posts
New guy here. I have a 19 manual and I think it is a bit slower than my expectations based on HP and torque numbers. Nice daily driver but a little more low end torque would be great. Ordered the FP kit and will have it installed next week (Paul's Automotive Engineering in Cincinnati).

Will report back with my thoughts.

Great community you guys have here!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
New guy here. I have a 19 manual and I think it is a bit slower than my expectations based on HP and torque numbers. Nice daily driver but a little more low end torque would be great. Ordered the FP kit and will have it installed next week (Paul's Automotive Engineering in Cincinnati).

Will report back with my thoughts. Not new to the tuning world. Owned a sick GTI.

Great community you guys have here!!!

Welcome to the Club! Btw, if you get the upgrade/mod bug then dont bother with the FP Tune like I did..... I got the bug and am now looking at getting a different tune.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Welcome to the Club! Btw, if you get the upgrade/mod bug then dont bother with the FP Tune like I did..... I got the bug and am now looking at getting a different tune.
Thanks. I am not thinking about anything else than a mild tune....for now. And chose FP for the warranty. It only has 3,000 miles.

Maybe that changes down the road. We'll see.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Got mine installed today. Took forever...kept getting some error message but the FP customer service reps were pretty good in helping myself and my tech through it.

Only driven maybe 50 miles and I can already feel the difference. Love the shift mapping now. I dunno if mine learned quicker because I've always put 93 in but I can definitely feel a difference in the way it's driving. And I dunno if it's my mind playing tricks on me or not but I feel like the stock exhaust is louder now. Overall happy with the purchase. Once I hit my 36k miles we'll see where I go from there. Next up is an exhaust and maybe some new wheels.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Had it installed this morning. Less than 40 minutes total. Pretty straight forward.

Can't say I feel a big difference yet, other than the SOUND. I honestly didn't know I hated that fake sound so much....until I stopped hearing it.

Will report back after I have more miles.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The SOUND. Who at ford thought this was a good idea?
When I first started driving mine I thought something sounded weird and I didn't like it. Sounded like and emissions aspirator tube on a late 70s mopar. Yuk! After reading about it on the forum I endeavored to circumcise it with forskin.

Darn autocorrect. I meant exorcise it with forscan.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Ok. So 50ish miles in. I can feel it pulls harder and keeps pulling up to 6000 RPMs, but I still don't feel the additional low end torque I expected. I've read that some have seen improvements up to 300 miles in or more, so I guess it's a wait game. I did put 93 since my first fill up 3,500 miles ago

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ok. So 50ish miles in. I can feel it pulls harder and keeps pulling up to 6000 RPMs, but I still don't feel the additional low end torque I expected. I've read that some have seen improvements up to 300 miles in or more, so I guess it's a wait game. I did put 93 since my first fill up 3,500 miles ago
What is the temp in your area?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mid 80's this week.
It takes a while. If you do back to back WOT pulls like 5-10 times the tune will learn fast. Driving around partial throttle will take a while for it to learn. Highway basically does nothing.

Also, if you are using the stock IC, you’re going to soak it past 100 degrees pretty fast which will result in power being pulled.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I've been doing some WOT runs here and there. That should help.

And the IC is staying stock, just like every other bolt on. I'm not going down that rabbit hole with this car.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Already 250ish miles in.

Now I can say it is a different car. Pulls harder and pulls longer, and the pull kicks in earlier.

I don't know if it will continue adjusting, but even if it doesn't, I am very happy with the performance. It's my daily driver. Don't need a race car ;)

21 - 37 of 37 Posts