1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at these :

2015-2021 2.3L ECOBOOST HIGH PERFORMANCE CAMS

Since I'm running the ford performance tune, is there any further benefit to having these installed, and what exactly can I expect from them in terms of gain? Will i need to ditch the Ford tune and get a custom tune at that point? Still on the fence here, not sure what the benefits would be if I purchase and have these installed. Does anyone here have any experience with these?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Some of the big tuners out there have said the cams have such a minimal increase in lift and duration that you dont really need a tune with them however... you will get the most out of those cams with an NX2 and a proper tune. I am putting those cams in my engine build to be used with an NX2 turbo so I should see some nice gains.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some of the big tuners out there have said the cams have such a minimal increase in lift and duration that you dont really need a tune with them however... you will get the most out of those cams with an NX2 and a proper tune. I am putting those cams in my engine build to be used with an NX2 turbo so I should see some nice gains.
Thanks Josh, I'd be interested in the results there. I'm considering going NX2 once my warranty expires ( 4 k miles to go!) but I'm wondering if the FP tune will need to go the way of the dodo with it. The other option is the HP turbo upgrade but I'm not sure if the tune will survive that upgrade either.

Reactions: 2020ecobase

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Thanks Josh, I'd be interested in the results there. I'm considering going NX2 once my warranty expires ( 4 k miles to go!) but I'm wondering if the FP tune will need to go the way of the dodo with it. The other option is the HP turbo upgrade but I'm not sure if the tune will survive that upgrade either.
you might run into some issues with the tuning part of things. Others have had issues with tuning over a FP tune. You will likely need to put the completely stock tune back on the car before you do any additional tuning.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you might run into some issues with the tuning part of things. Others have had issues with tuning over a FP tune. You will likely need to put the completely stock tune back on the car before you do any additional tuning.
Yeah, thats what i was expecting unfortunately. I'm aware there have been several reports of issues of changing out the FP tune and I'd likely have to select a pro tuner .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts