Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
@Doc69

Cams will help with top end power and upgraded wastegate.
Im wanting to get the ford performance cams, ford performance turbo, wagner evo1 intercooler

Reactions: Doc69

·
Registered
99 Posts
Found at levittownfordparts

1300 for both
I didn't realize the bump sticks were so cheap from Ford Performance or I would have thrown them in on my last rebuild. Not hard to add later tho, replacing cams and timing these engines isnt bad. Now I need to ask my tuner what kind of real world return I would get.

·
Registered
883 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Jake, I think there has to be a happy medium. I don't see many posts on cams. I don't think very many take it that far. If I go that far, will have to consider running the 2.0/2.3 hybrid. If your going to take the head off, might as well port it. I would run a ported RS head.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Jake, I think there has to be a happy medium. I don't see many posts on cams. I don't think very many take it that far. If I go that far, will have to consider running the 2.0/2.3 hybrid. If your going to take the head off, might as well port it. I would run a ported RS head.
You don’t need to take the head off to do a cam swap. Also pretty sure you would need a matching RS block to run an RS cylinder head due to the revised cooling passage. I don’t think the RS head & block are any different from the mustang besides the cooling. No obvious performance changes.

The Ford Racing cams sound pretty tame but damn are they cheap- $160!

I’m sure some of the aftermarket cams may be capable of more performance but they cost $600-$1000 and may require valve springs which wound need the head pulled for install.

I think this combo of FRPP turbo and cams will be very interesting, hopefully they will make power at 6,000rpm+ and pretty much max out the fuel system. Seems like great bang for the buck.

As cool as the NX2 turbo is it just seems like without spending the money on more fueling or even a built engine it just doesn’t do enough on otherwise stock hardware.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
I just ordered the FP cams and turbo the other day. I'm going to add a turbosnart 12psi wastegate and possibly the MAP valve train upgrade kit as well as a Dyno tune. Will be interesting to see what kind of gains I get out of the two or three parts.
I can't wait to hear. As much detail as possible, please. :D

·
Registered
887 Posts
I can't wait to hear. As much detail as possible, please. :D
I will certainly be adding Dyno results to my build thread. I went with this turbo over one of the other turbos mainly due to price and not having to overhaul the engine too much. Hopefully I won't tap out the fuel system.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Stang mode just recently did a ride along in a 2020 HPP EcoBoost with the bigger turbo. Low end performance felt much better then stock turbo. Pair the turbo with the cams and I'm guessing maybe 50-70 wheel HP gains with a proper Dyno tune (93 pump gas). I will be a happy camper if I can get 350-370 wheel HP out of the car with these upgrades.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I was also able to find this online from esslinger. How about a stroked 2.6l EcoBoost with the FP turbo and cams? 2.6L Ecoboost Stroker Kit

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Boy that is awful pricy. Granted it comes with a billet crank and rods but i don't think there is a block available that is strong enough to allow you take advantage of the kits strength. I have seen 2.5l stroker kits for under $2k.

Dave

·
Registered
887 Posts
Boy that is awful pricy. Granted it comes with a billet crank and rods but i don't think there is a block available that is strong enough to allow you take advantage of the kits strength. I have seen 2.5l stroker kits for under $2k.

Dave
I would switch to a forged 2.0 block if I decide to do this.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
The 2.0 block is stronger but still not strong enough to take advantage of that kit. To the best of my knowledge there are no aftermarket blocks available at this time. If you look at the built short blocks that are available they are using a factory 2.0 block, factory 2.3 crank with upgraded rods and pistons.

Dave

·
Registered
887 Posts
The 2.0 block is stronger but still not strong enough to take advantage of that kit. To the best of my knowledge there are no aftermarket blocks available at this time. If you look at the built short blocks that are available they are using a factory 2.0 block, factory 2.3 crank with upgraded rods and pistons.

Dave
Could this possibly work. It's a built shortblock from MAP. MAP Built Shortblock | 2015-2019 Ford Mustang Ecoboost (EBM-23)

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Yea, that is a complete short block and its a over a grand cheaper than just the rotating assembly you posted.

Dave

·
Registered
887 Posts
I've seen a couple videos reviewing the 2020 HPP EcoBoost with the 63mm turbo. It may only have 30HP extra but it makes more power throughout most of the entire powerband unlike the stock EcoBoost that falls on its face at 4.5k-5k+ rpm.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
If we are going to get off topic and talk about the HPP package on the 2020 Ecoboost Mustang. Here is my take;

Ford is taking the existing PP package and active exhaust which costs $3000 and is a deal. They then add the Ranger engine and charge $4995 for the package and you don't have as much performance as you get with the FP tune on the existing 2.3.

The hardware updates to the 2.3 in the HPP are evolutionary updates and all 2.3s should have for 2020. The $4995 for the HPP is a colossal rip off and they have dropped the existing PP package so you can't get the brake, suspension and tire/wheel improvements without springing for the HPP.

Dave

·
Registered
887 Posts
Just got my FP Turbo in last Friday. Looks like it comes with a Wastegate pre-installed. Does anyone know what size spring the Wastegate is? Not sure if it is a stock size spring or something bigger. I also got my Turbo smart 12 psi Wastegate in the same day. Not sure if I should keep the FP turbo Wastegate or put the Turbosmart one on.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Did you order the camshafts as well or just the turbo? What tune are you going to be running if you don't mind me asking?

41 - 60 of 79 Posts