Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I am trying to find a Ford Performance dealer in Calgary, AB that will supply and install the FP tune on my 2018 Mustang Ecoboost.
Every dealer I have dealt with including ones in Edmonton as well haven't the slightest clue to what the tune even is, let alone installing it.......and they are listed as Ford Performance dealers.......

Can anybody here recommend a FP dealer anywhere in Alberta that would supply and install the tune?

Thank you!!

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
If you have over 36k miles just do it yourself
Agreed. The only real reason you have a 'dealer' do it, is to get the warranty. Otherwise, its ridiculous what some places will charge you to load the tune. It takes about 30 minutes with a laptop, a usb stick, a tethered power cable (so the laptop doesn't automatically sleep after a certain amount of time), and a wifi signal.

·
Registered
153 Posts
yeah, I did it myself basically, I had it all loaded etc. the local dealer just signed the papers and charged me 80 for warranty paperwork reasoning. whatever though.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
If you read the warranty document on the FP site it clearly states all you need is an ASE certified tech to do the install for the warranty.

I did the install at 1000 miles on my 17 myself then had my son generate a receipt for an hours labor from his tire and service center. I emailed his receipt, the purchase receipt for the kit and a copy of my sons ASE certificate to FP. I had confirmation back from FP in less than two hours that the warranty was registered to my VIN.

Even if you take your car to the corner garage to have them install it it should not be more than an hours labor providing you down load the ProCal software and install it on your own laptop for them to use.

If i recall it took about 20 minutes to down load the actual tune file and install it. Mine is a 17 and it came with the GT350 CAI. I installed it while the tune was installing.

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts