Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

How much are you willing to part with your ecoboost for?

• Twice what I paid MSRP

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • What I Paid MSRP not greedy

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • NEVER SHE IS MINE ALL MINE

Votes: 13 59.1%
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ford has announced officially that they will soon be building electric only Mustangs. So as for those eco-boost stangs we got. I think we all just hit the lottery in a decade or so. Not sure how many of you are considering selling the ole girls in a decade or so but I think we might be shocked at what people will be willing to pay for some history. Ford only built one other 4 cylinder mustang and that was in 84.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
GT V8 maybe?.... But I don't see the common rental 4 banger becoming a "collector's item" or highly prized in the future.

Why would you want an old clapped out high mileage 4 banger that does 0 - 60 in 5 seconds or so, when an electric Stang will do it in 3+ seconds.
Unlike the rumble of a V8, both the Ecoboost and electric Mustang will sound bad anyway. :)

The modern day Ecoboosts will never have the same cult following as a classic SVO.

Reactions: 2LTRPNY

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I am turning 59 later this year. I expect to be able to continue to easily buy gasoline for the car for the next 20 years. I have no plans to get rid of the car. Once I retire it will become a fair weather car only. The ability to get in and out, and actually being allowed to drive by the government, will dictate how long the affair ultimately lasts. After that, I expect that it will go to one of the kids.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well after posting this I decided to take the black stallion out for a roll. Without notice I felt some poor power coming from the clutch while shifting then a burning smell. Ultimately I think after 27,000 Miles the clutch finally said bye bye. We shall see what my repair shop says.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Well after posting this I decided to take the black stallion out for a roll. Without notice I felt some poor power coming from the clutch while shifting then a burning smell. Ultimately I think after 27,000 Miles the clutch finally said bye bye. We shall see what my repair shop says.
CrZy. I’ve never gotten less than 200k out of a clutch. If mine went out I’d get a new one at dealer same day. Must of been faulty

·
Registered
513 Posts
GT V8 maybe?.... But I don't see the common rental 4 banger becoming a "collector's item" or highly prized in the future.

Why would you want an old clapped out high mileage 4 banger that does 0 - 60 in 5 seconds or so, when an electric Stang will do it in 3+ seconds.
Unlike the rumble of a V8, both the Ecoboost and electric Mustang will sound bad anyway. :)

The modern day Ecoboosts will never have the same cult following as a classic SVO.
This sound thing is relative. Yes hard to make a eco 4 banger sound great like a v8 for that matter v10-v12s rarely sound good. The 8 is just balanced but good depends on the ear. But personally (maybe because im familiar with inverters and the sound they make.) I really like the screaming banshee sound of high powered electric vehicles like the FP mach-e and cobra jet. And TBH if the power storage system could ever get improved on charge time and rate (which will likely take a new power source tech which they are researching) i would be game.

Still nothing will look better and sound better to me than those late 50s to early 70s ford/chevy and some mopar.

·
Registered
738 Posts
You never know... If we become an all electric car planet the price of gas could get so high that people of the future can only afford to drive their 30 MPG Ecoboost Mustangs. It may cost $200 in gas just to start a V8 mustang 25 years from now.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So yeah I tried that and they
CrZy. I’ve never gotten less than 200k out of a clutch. If mine went out I’d get a new one at dealer same day. Must of been faulty
just said well your warranty is expired so yeahh. Anyone have a recommendation on an economical clutch kit so I can order it by the end of next week. I have a shop I frequent willing to swap the ole girl out.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So I have decided to take Sally back to the dealership I bought her from and let them work on the recalls and put the new clutch back in. I might have screwed the pooch when I let my mother drive the car in Maine for a month. When I got the stang back the back tires looked like somebody was chewing on the center track of the tire. I think mommy dearest was having too much fun with her sons beloved car and prematurely killed my clutch. But I won't put it past her since she got me my very first used 1998 Stang back when I graduated High school. I am not mad but she won't be in the drivers seat after this repair.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Ford has announced officially that they will soon be building electric only Mustangs. So as for those eco-boost stangs we got. I think we all just hit the lottery in a decade or so. Not sure how many of you are considering selling the ole girls in a decade or so but I think we might be shocked at what people will be willing to pay for some history. Ford only built one other 4 cylinder mustang and that was in 84.
It will be interesting to see if it does happen. GM said they will also build electric cars only. The infrastructure is not here or any country for that matter plus even now a lot fossil fuel is burned to make electricity. I think possibly a company/laboratory will come out with a really efficient catalytic converter or something that will make car emissions next to zero.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
I think possibly a company/laboratory will come out with a really efficient catalytic converter or something that will make car emissions next to zero.
As long as cars continue to burn fuel, they will always produce carbon dioxide.
Carbon dioxide accounts for around half of the greenhouse effect.
Current catalytic converter technology does nothing to prevent emissions of carbon dioxide.
Unless they can develop a catalytic converter to prevent carbon dioxide emissions, it won't help.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Unless China and India change direction, nothing the rest of the world does will matter. I think we are already past the tipping point, the powers that be just want to give us the hope that if we do our laundry at night, set our AC a couple of degrees higher and move to EV vehicles, all will be well. As Pogo said, “We have met the enemy, and he is us.”

·
Registered
208 Posts
As long as cars continue to burn fuel, they will always produce carbon dioxide.
Carbon dioxide accounts for around half of the greenhouse effect.
Current catalytic converter technology does nothing to prevent emissions of carbon dioxide.
Unless they can develop a catalytic converter to prevent carbon dioxide emissions, it won't help.
That was the or something part of my post. I just think with infrastructure that doesn’t exactly exists and you still have to burn fossil fuels to make electricity and right now, the US just barely produces enough electricity for our needs now. There are still plenty of counties now that don’t produce enough reliable electricity just for a 24 hour period for that countries basic needs. Just thinking the practical solution is the or something to take care of emissions.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So my post to declare the joy of owning an ecoboost has been met with despair as my pony has been diagnosed. Lady's and gentleman 27,000 miles driven by 34 year old who is making payments of $540 per month. I have not modified a thing on this girl purposefully so ford doesn't blame my modifications for the failures she may encounter. I also only put 27000 miles on her to test on the ford built strong concept which is not the case. They should put that on the back of every 2010 Toyota Prius I see driving by in town. I spoke with the dealership and they said OVERHEATED FLY WHEEL that can't be resurfaced because well its apparently special again these are ford assembled parts from the factory no modifications. They also said the entire clutch and assembly needed to be swapped. They gave me a price of $3,200+ and thats not including if the transmission was at fault which we all know the MT-82 has been buzzing around. I right away said no way I am still making payments on this directly to ford credit. Additionally I babied this car intentionally so that I would reach the end of the payment agreement before I decided to start having fun in the ole girl. I called Ford Customer support and they will have me discussing with regional service manager. Again everyone just understand that ford has years of producing cars that don't always come out the factory as perfect as planned. If you are buying new don't modify a thing till you pay her off and know that the foundation is solid before you start growing the powerplants horsepower. This is the best mustang ecoboost they make at the factory for 2015 model year. Performance package and all and well its just not cool when they tell you to pay up $3,000+ if they are fair about meeting me half way with the repairs then I give them major kudos but if they are going to brush it off the next decision will be to leave it with them and negotiate reselling it to them to get out of the remaining payments and ultimately never buying a ford product ever again. I see myself staying in the Toyota dealership from now on. I have relatives that already do and I understand why now. So I patiently wait for them as the ball is in their court. As for Ford Credit they get major points as I have had my payment deferred for two months while I deal with this headache. Ford Credit is the best way to finance your purchase of any and all ford vehicles and they really work with you to get your payments. I will post as information comes to let you know if owning an ecoboost mustang is a bust or worth your while. Especially if you are trying to keep the servicing done inside the dealership. Again I am comparing two 4 cyclinder engine styles and ecoboost mustang and a 2010 toyota prius which I am also the original owner of. The prius is going 67,000 miles strong 11 years of ownership paid $27000 brand new and only changed the brakes and rotors. FORD VS TOYOTA and Toyota is screaming by people. Better yet America VS Japan.

·
Premium Member
1,937 Posts
Sorry your having problems with your Ford.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts