Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if Ford Racing is still planning on releasing their "non-warrantee voiding" tune? I heard chatter about it last year, but haven't heard or read any updates since. It would be nice to run something better than stock that doesn't potentially void your warranty other than this JMS Boost/Peddlemaxx I'm running (which isn't too bad for what it is...lol).

·
Banned
746 Posts
It was supposed to be out this month...(The GT tune is available) Their waiting on a "part" for the Ecoboost..September release, according to FRPP Facebook post.

·
Registered
874 Posts
This tune is almost a year overdue, at this point. I'll hit up Ford Racing again, this year, at the SEMA show.

·
Registered
810 Posts
This tune is almost a year overdue, at this point. I'll hit up Ford Racing again, this year, at the SEMA show.
Yeah...tell them they are missing out on oodles of cash. LOL Not sure I am going to wait. Wonder if one of their packages will include an IC? It's all about the Intakes for the GTs.

·
Registered
138 Posts
actually well over a year. Back in late 2014 ford stated the tune and performance parts would be released end of 1st quarter 2015. since then the Release date Has continuously been pushed later and later.

·
Registered
810 Posts
do their tunes generally come as part of a kit with additional parts that require replacing, or just as a drop in?
The new GT kits announced do have parts. The first one only has a drop in air filter with a tune so it is mainly programming. I suspect, at least, one of EB power pacts from Ford will consist of an intercooler. Probably be the most expensive one, too. :rolleyes: Again, whenever it happens.

·
Banned
746 Posts
If the Power Packs for the eco are the same as the ones already released in New Zealand......No intercooler upgrade. Just tune, CAI and exhaust etc..

·
Super Moderator
6,130 Posts
Just look how long it took to get the "track key" (red key) out for the Boss 302. That was years in the making.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I feel like my pony is FAR better than stock and far better than a Ford "tuning" package could offer me. And I still have yet to get my turbo back exhaust to complete my bolt ons!

·
Banned
746 Posts
Yes...An online chat with a FRPP rep confirmed that date. He also said the gains would be "similar" to the New Zealand power packs. Possible +46 HP. The conversation was a little weird. He at first denied the availability of an ecoboost power pack in NZ or anywhere else. I told him about the dealer website that showed the packs/pricing and even a video of a test drive. He then started to give me answers...kinda shady

·
Registered
138 Posts
Not a surprise there is no announcement. Like I said in my prevous post the Ford tune has been continually pushed back the release date since Jan of 2015.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts