Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received notification regarding this through the Ford Pass app. No email or snail mail yet. Made appointment for next week, since the passenger door handle still refuses to lock/unlock and needs to be looked at. As an aside to that, I did charge the battery to no avail, so presuming the problem lies elsewhere in some module.

Was told (as I suspected) that the recall is for the charcoal cannister, which seems odd that it would have taken them nearly 3 years (from build date) to figure out that they used the wrong one. I'm presuming that perhaps they changed something MY to MY and that I got a 2017 cannister, as opposed to one for a Fusion. Anyway, was curious if anyone else has received notification.

·
Registered
18PP 10R80
265 Posts
haven't had any notificactions of any sort .. Ford Pass didn't sync (pun intended) well with my older iPad when i tried signing up...just kept freezing up. charcoal filter - is that something to do w cabin air?

i also tried different scenarios the next day following your passenger lock post. i didn't get one lock/unlock...so i am very curious what dealer says about that. thankyou

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same here, received the recall. Will be dropping off my car next week.

very strange it took them this long to figure this out - then again never to late to make a genuine call on prolonged mistake

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It will be the canister for the EVAP system, where the fuel vapours are held until purged. I took the car out today for a couple of errands, pulled into the drive, shut it off, got out and walked around and the passenger door would lock/unlock. This does not bode well for the dealer visit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just received a check engine light now.

P0496 – Evaporative emission (EVAP) system -high purge flow

So looks like due to the early recall, they probably knew this code will eventually show up.

it doesn’t seem to cause any issues aside for emission standards, essentially fixing the canister will result to a proper EVAP sensor reading.

For those who do not use FordPass, if your vehicle is included into this recall, you will eventually will get the check engine light with P0496 code, most likely will be related to the recall.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So the recall got done today. The service writer told me that it must be brand new because he hadn’t seen one yet. As regards the passenger door intelligent access, zip, because it’s working now. I suggested that they load test the battery to rule it out but I’m pretty sure the tech checked it, it worked, and went no further. I probably should have just told them to load test it at my cost.

·
Registered
18PP 10R80
265 Posts
Thanks for update. my passenger door worked today and yesterday but not days before. Load Test the Battery? Are you suggesting if the battery falls below certain level perhaps that feature is disabled until battery reaches certain level? i do hover in that 'saving power mode' alert on the radio often bc i don't drive far/often. i did go on a long drive for tool shopping yesterday and today and didn't see that power saving alert and locks were working. idk. Just speculating.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for update. my passenger door worked today and yesterday but not days before. Load Test the Battery? Are you suggesting if the battery falls below certain level perhaps that feature is disabled until battery reaches certain level? i do hover in that 'saving power mode' alert on the radio often bc i don't drive far/often. i did go on a long drive for tool shopping yesterday and today and didn't see that power saving alert and locks were working. idk. Just speculating.
Yes, I have read that on M6G here: Keyless entry not working on passenger side.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts