• 40hp and 60lbs/ft average gain from 2500-5000rpm
  • 75hp and 64lbs/ft average gain from 5500-6800rpm
  • 100hp maximum gain at ~6000rpm
  • Horsepower and torque gains throughout the powerband
  • Exclusive Ford Performance warranty when dealer installed
  • Allows gear ratio changes up to 4.09:1
  • Automatic calibrations feature optimized performance shift schedule
  • Premium fuel, 91 octane or higher, is required
Interesting it is only an intake and tune even if the intake is an Ecoboost version of the GT350's. Listed at $700, not sure if the voucher covers labor at your local dealership. Was hoping for a couple of tiers with one including an intercooler. I would think without one, the stock IC is going to heat soak quickly with the listed numbers.

·
Banned
746 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Reactions: Elvis 66

·
Registered
111 Posts
And what about those of us (like me), who prefer the "closed box" design of the Airaid CAI, or otherwise have another CAI already installed,
but would like the Ford tune to go with it? What a shame.

·
Banned
746 Posts
There selling the air box by itself...($360 for just a re design of the original box) but you need the calibration for this?????? But apparently you can't buy the tune separately. That makes a lot of sense. Not CJ's fault
Side note.....You can buy the GT tune by itself(with drop in filter) You can buy a Gt350 intake ( more complex than the FRP's eco box) for the Gt for $250...And you can buy a Roush CAI for the ecoboost, which is basically identical to the FRP....that DOESNT require a tune!! Do they think that mustang owners who mod their cars are stupid? Seems like their chasing the $ that they lost over the past year+.....Maybe they won't get my $....sorry about the rant....Whats Adam's F'n number?

·
Registered
86 Posts
There selling the air box by itself...($360 for just a re design of the original box) but you need the calibration for this?????? But apparently you can't buy the tune separately. That makes a lot of sense. Not CJ's fault
Ford Performance states that you need "A" calibration for this, not particularly this calibration.

·
Registered
86 Posts
And what about those of us (like me), who prefer the "closed box" design of the Airaid CAI, or otherwise have another CAI already installed,
but would like the Ford tune to go with it? What a shame.
I'm sure it would work just fine with our airaid CAI. Just getting them to do it..gonna be the problem .
Ford Performance does not have any plans to release the calibration as a stand-alone part number.

·
Registered
111 Posts
And therein lies the exact problem. Ford is forcing us to buy their CAI, to get their tune. In some areas of commerce, this type of business practice is illegal (violates anti-trust laws which prohibit certain "bundling" practices). Whether legal or not, it seems highly inequitable to us Ecoboost owners, who have been waiting quite a long time for a tune that won't (totally) void the power-train warranty.

Reactions: dgc333

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Side note.....You can buy the GT tune by itself(with drop in filter) You can buy a Gt350 intake ( more complex than the FRP's eco box) for the Gt for $250...And you can buy a Roush CAI for the ecoboost, which is basically identical to the FRP....that DOESNT require a tune!! Do they think that mustang owners who mod their cars are stupid? Seems like their chasing the $ that they lost over the past year+.....Maybe they won't get my $....sorry about the rant....Whats Adam's F'n number?
Ask NATCH..sure he has it

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Is Adam at tune+ part of MaPerformance? I was thinking about buying the AP from them, as it will come with a custom tune for the mods I currently have.
Adam is now Tune+. He went off on his own but he has lots of contacts in the aftermarket industry. He got me my Cobb AP and the Full-Race Intercooler. The Cobb comes with its own tunes. For Adam, he offers a tune for $175 and tunes for life at $300.

·
Banned
746 Posts
And therein lies the exact problem. Ford is forcing us to buy their CAI, to get their tune. In some areas of commerce, this type of business practice is illegal (violates anti-trust laws which prohibit certain "bundling" practices). Whether legal or not, it seems highly inequitable to us Ecoboost owners, who have been waiting quite a long time for a tune that won't (totally) void the power-train warranty.
And can you believe that FRP wants $360 for the box alone?? (and thats a discount from CJ's) Its a paper cone filter..(although the yellow would really match my accents) And a molded box that TIES in to the oem tubing. And if you do buy the "package", you have to have it dealer installed...another $200 maybe? :mad:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts