• 40hp and 60lbs/ft average gain from 2500-5000rpm
  • 75hp and 64lbs/ft average gain from 5500-6800rpm
  • 100hp maximum gain at ~6000rpm
  • Horsepower and torque gains throughout the powerband
  • Exclusive Ford Performance warranty when dealer installed
  • Allows gear ratio changes up to 4.09:1
  • Automatic calibrations feature optimized performance shift schedule
  • Premium fuel, 91 octane or higher, is required
Interesting it is only an intake and tune even if the intake is an Ecoboost version of the GT350's. Listed at $700, not sure if the voucher covers labor at your local dealership. Was hoping for a couple of tiers with one including an intercooler. I would think without one, the stock IC is going to heat soak quickly with the listed numbers.

See less See more
#10 ·
And what about those of us (like me), who prefer the "closed box" design of the Airaid CAI, or otherwise have another CAI already installed,
but would like the Ford tune to go with it? What a shame.

#15 ·
And therein lies the exact problem. Ford is forcing us to buy their CAI, to get their tune. In some areas of commerce, this type of business practice is illegal (violates anti-trust laws which prohibit certain "bundling" practices). Whether legal or not, it seems highly inequitable to us Ecoboost owners, who have been waiting quite a long time for a tune that won't (totally) void the power-train warranty.

Reactions: dgc333
#20 ·
And can you believe that FRP wants $360 for the box alone?? (and thats a discount from CJ's) Its a paper cone filter..(although the yellow would really match my accents) And a molded box that TIES in to the oem tubing. And if you do buy the "package", you have to have it dealer installed...another $200 maybe? :mad:

#22 · (Edited)
Tune+ And Cobb AP Is the way to go imo.

I'm guessing from the stupid responses on the other boards lots of people will jump on the Ford tune bandwagon only to de disappointed with it. Betting actual whp figures will be way low. Fords numbers were probably done on an engine dyno under perfect conditions. Hell there are guys stating they will sell their Cobb AP and dumping their custom tunes for the Ford canned tune which makes no sense to me.

#28 ·
Here's a transcript of the live online "chat" I just had with an FPP rep, regarding the EB "Calibration." I added the "bold" to some of the type for emphasis. The rest is verbatim. His name is "Mike," as well:

Please wait. An operator will be with you shortly.

Mike says:
Hello Michael. My name is Mike. We have not released an updated date. We're a bit behind working on some calibration delivery issues.
Mike says:
I believe we should have something out in the next 2-3 weeks for download/shipping
Michael says:
So it's all still "up in the air?
Michael says:
sorry, typed that before your 2/3 week estimate
Mike says:
That's okay. Sorry for the news. We're as eager as you to get this out
Michael says:
Can I ask you another question about the same product?
Mike says:
Sure thing!
Michael says:
I already have a CARB-approved CAI on my car (Airaid), and don't like the one that comes with the kit. Will the dealer still install the calibration, if I purchase it?
Mike says:
Unfortunately they are going to sell the calibration with the cold air kit only
Michael says:
So the only way I can maintain 3 years of my power train warranty and have the calibration, is to have that CAI kit sold with it, on my car as well?
Mike says:
Right, I wouldn't expect you'd have any issues with your cold air as it is, but if you did that cold air kit you have wouldn't be applicable to your warranty anyway
Michael says:
Thank you for your time, Mike
Mike says:
You bet! Take care

I'm thinking that I'm next in line, behind SoCal, to call Adam and get a Cobb. It's not like anyone is blowing out their engines or drive train. Right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.