Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Levittown ford. free shipping, plus tax free, (to my area) then id put it in myself.

id prob do this if mine blew.

VIP50 code gives free ground at Levittown.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
holy fuck, 7k? I read people have dealerships put in a new engine for 5k full warranty and all.
fuck that. id buy one out of a wrecked low mileage car first if could find one for 2k
It's about 5.5K without the turbo. I went the salvage engine route already and had issues with that engine.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
no its from Levittown ford, authentic genuine ford part, which carries ford warranty. idk what the terms are on a engine. but if it comes from genuine ford, then its warrantied.

I posted the link
you can email them and ask if turbo is included and if there's a warranty from ford. if so, its honored any ford dealer on the engine

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
no its from Levittown ford, authentic genuine ford part, which carries ford warranty. idk what the terms are on a engine. but if it comes from genuine ford, then its warrantied.

I posted the link
you can email them and ask if turbo is included and if there's a warranty from ford. if so, its honored any ford dealer on the engine
Not seeing the link sir

·
Read Only
0 Posts
strange, I swore I posted it VIP50 is free ship code.- so 5500 for me shipped to my house or wherever. (I could get it installed for less than 500 or do it myself at military base and pay a friend to help).

I would email blue oval ford etc a few other big wigs like tasca see who can give the cheapest for it shipped if this was what you really wanted to do.

comes with turbo an all. full block.

id like to think the local ford dealer, would match and beat the price of a block. I mean I could be wrong. Toyota will match parts, my ford told me to pound sand on a couple items.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
strange, I swore I posted it VIP50 is free ship code.- so 5500 for me shipped to my house or wherever. (I could get it installed for less than 500 or do it myself at military base and pay a friend to help).

I would email blue oval ford etc a few other big wigs like tasca see who can give the cheapest for it shipped if this was what you really wanted to do.

comes with turbo an all. full block. View attachment 39977

id like to think the local ford dealer, would match and beat the price of a block. I mean I could be wrong. Toyota will match parts, my ford told me to pound sand on a couple items.
That code doesn't appear to work:

·
Read Only
0 Posts
so they may meet the 5500, but then you may pay tax (Levittown is tax free for me) however, maybe they will cut you a deal if they install it, a little more, but they get $ from block, and labor.

in example, I just priced out a Toyota transmission, my Toyota has it listed for 3500, there's a place called sparks parts, its like levittown/tasca. they had the transmission listed for 2300 brand new. they agreed they would match it, then I get 10% discount on all the parts, and if I wait til when a 20% service coupon comes around, I can get 20% off for the labor.

2300 for trans (w'o tax)
then 800 in clutch parts (they dont charge me more for labor since im pulling trans) but id get 10% off the parts
then the labor rate is like 12 hours, its a grand. if I wait til service 20% coupon rolls around, save 200-300 bucks there too.

now im not doing it til my transmission blows. but I did just get these quotes, lol. so Toyota matches part people, but Toyota dude, wouldn't even match a pair of windshield wipers. online was like 24 bucks, my local ford was like 40 bucks. I said yeah... im gonna order them.

ok. see ya

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
so they may meet the 5500, but then you may pay tax (Levittown is tax free for me) however, maybe they will cut you a deal if they install it, a little more, but they get $ from block, and labor.

in example, I just priced out a Toyota transmission, my Toyota has it listed for 3500, there's a place called sparks parts, its like levittown/tasca. they had the transmission listed for 2300 brand new. they agreed they would match it, then I get 10% discount on all the parts, and if I wait til when a 20% service coupon comes around, I can get 20% off for the labor.

2300 for trans (w'o tax)
then 800 in clutch parts (they dont charge me more for labor since im pulling trans) but id get 10% off the parts
then the labor rate is like 12 hours, its a grand. if I wait til service 20% coupon rolls around, save 200-300 bucks there too.

now im not doing it til my transmission blows. but I did just get these quotes, lol. so Toyota matches part people, but Toyota dude, wouldn't even match a pair of windshield wipers. online was like 24 bucks, my local ford was like 40 bucks. I said yeah... im gonna order them.

ok. see ya
My car is currently at my buddy's dealership. I'm getting a massive hook up on labor there so I'd prefer for them to install it. Ford would probably charge me 5K in labor.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
My car is currently at my buddy's dealership. I'm getting a massive hook up on labor there so I'd prefer for them to install it. Ford would probably charge me 5K in labor.

we have a auto hobby shop on base, its 60 an hour if you pay them to do it. TOTALLY WORTH IT. but they dont always do big jobs, but, I can rent the bay for 8 bucks an hour, lift or flat, and the mechanics will help guide/instruct me. id pay one of my buddies who's a mechanic to do the lift/install.

I just hope I never have to do what you are doing, sucks man. I feel for you.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
we have a auto hobby shop on base, its 60 an hour if you pay them to do it. TOTALLY WORTH IT. but they dont always do big jobs, but, I can rent the bay for 8 bucks an hour, lift or flat, and the mechanics will help guide/instruct me. id pay one of my buddies who's a mechanic to do the lift/install.

I just hope I never have to do what you are doing, sucks man. I feel for you.
Yeah I expected to have no issues with the second engine, but it only lasted a couple weeks. Thus why I'm ditching the platform.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Yes I think I’m going to N/A V8 power.
I've used donor cars and trucks to build many of my projects. If you can find a complete Coyote "donor" Mustang (or even a 3.7 V6), with all the required electronics... It's a very do-able project!
I don't know much about the 3.7 V6 motor, but there are aftermarket "Go Fast" parts available and it may be in the same motor family as the 3.5 V6, but I'm not sure...
Could be an interesting topic, as to what motor makes the best swap!!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I've used donor cars and trucks to build many of my projects. If you can find a complete Coyote "donor" Mustang (or even a 3.7 V6), with all the required electronics... It's a very do-able project!
I don't know much about the 3.7 V6 motor, but there are aftermarket "Go Fast" parts available and it may be in the same motor family as the 3.5 V6, but I'm not sure...
Could be an interesting topic, as to what motor makes the best swap!!
To swap to a Coyote or V6 would require more parts and labor than the cost of just selling the vehicle and buying the other one. A guy did the Coyota swap from an EB on one of these forums a while back, he had all donor parts. It becomes very complex having to re-wire the entire vehicle with the new harnesses and what not.
Considering the vehicle would never re-coup any of that value it's kind of wasted effort and money in my opinion.

·
Registered
519 Posts
To swap to a Coyote or V6 would require more parts and labor than the cost of just selling the vehicle and buying the other one. A guy did the Coyota swap from an EB on one of these forums a while back, he had all donor parts. It becomes very complex having to re-wire the entire vehicle with the new harnesses and what not.
Considering the vehicle would never re-coup any of that value it's kind of wasted effort and money in my opinion.
No doubt, you would have to be committed to your car and have all the tools and know how. But if your going to spend the money on a new 2.3L that you don't want, why not at least crunch the numbers and see how much switching to the motor you want is going to cost??

21 - 40 of 56 Posts