Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From a few days my eco is acting wierd on highway. Whenever i hit a uneven road car pulls on all the sides and feels uncomfortable. Upon inspectinf the front struts. Found that they have no leakage but they have deformed or have denta on them on both sides. Can't understand if its factory or they are gone bad. Below are somw pictures
struts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Mass produced item. Hell my stock intercooler had a caved in dent from factory. I’m first owner. It worked just fine but yeah happens

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mass produced item. Hell my stock intercooler had a caved in dent from factory. I’m first owner. It worked just fine but yeah happens
Should i replaceme them, is this what causing to drive crazy over uneven roads? As my allingment is and wheel balance is all good and done last week.

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
830 Posts
Is it under warranty. I just had a whole new front suspension replaced under warranty inc upper and lower ball joints drop links and bushings.

That being said I very much doubt the superficial dents would effect the geometry of the car that much and suspect there is something else wrong

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunately i am out of warranty, i am can replace the struts myself but just not sure if they are auppoed be like this shaped or have they gone bad

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
I'm with @Park, they look fine to me. Those indentations don't look like dents.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I went out to look and then realized that the wheel would have to be removed to see. Maybe if I remember, I’ll check when I change over to the winter tires. But I agree with @Park and @Go Further, they look like a manufactured indentation in the strut body.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Found the answer to your query.
The indentation you have is normal.
The flattened area on the outside of the strut tube is there for tire and wheel clearance.
This indentation is also a clue that it is a twin-tube damper, not a monotube damper.
(The base Ecoboost Mustangs come with twin-tube dampers all around, and the Performance Pack option uses monotube shocks in the rear)

Front non-PP Mustang strut...

Reactions: Horcy1
1 - 9 of 9 Posts