Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
I don't know if you thought of it but I'm a little nervous your cold air intake could suck in a bunch of water in heavy rain.

Yes.. Let us know how Atlanta goes.

Reactions: Coyote Chaser

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Just had a good test run, only problem is my shift launch light isn't working, so I was watching the tac instead of the tree...need to get that fixed!!
And even though I had my data logger ready... I forgot to push the button to start it...
Did take a picture of my Cobb before shutting down

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I don't know if you thought of it but I'm a little nervous your cold air intake could suck in a bunch of water in heavy rain.

Yes.. Let us know how Atlanta goes.
I have a license plate bracket that mounts to the uni-strut that hangs down in the middle, plus a small drain in the 4" elbow.

·
Registered
2020 ecoboost base coupe,auto
88 Posts
And even though I had my data logger ready... I forgot to push the button to start it...
Isn't life great some times!
I was just out on the back country roads trying to get some data logs in sport mode in 5th gear 2,500 to 6,300 rpm and it comes faster then I thought! Showed 23lbs of boost and air temp at 98°.
How many cars in your class there?

·
Registered
652 Posts
The drain in that 4 inch elbow will be sucking air in. I know they will put pin holes on the pressurized side to let water out but on the inlet side that thing is sucking in. Hard. It is just my educated guess but I don't think anything is going to drain out of that hole unless the car is off. And in fact I think you would be introducing an unmetered leak in the inlet system. Unmetered by the fact that the air may not be flowing over the sensor if the hole is behind the sensor in the inlet tube. Not trying to be a jerk but I think I'm pointing out a flaw. Maybe this is how it's done but it doesn't seem right to me.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Isn't life great some times!
I was just out on the back country roads trying to get some data logs in sport mode in 5th gear 2,500 to 6,300 rpm and it comes faster then I thought! Showed 23lbs of boost and air temp at 98°.
How many cars in your class there?

They're still coming though the gate!
Last year we had 28 different cars total for the shortened season.
This year we had 18 at the 1st race, but I don't expect as many for Atlanta because of the prediction of rain.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
The drain in that 4 inch elbow will be sucking air in. I know they will put pin holes on the pressurized side to let water out but on the inlet side that thing is sucking in. Hard. It is just my educated guess but I don't think anything is going to drain out of that hole unless the car is off. And in fact I think you would be introducing an unmetered leak in the inlet system. Unmetered by the fact that the air may not be flowing over the sensor if the hole is behind the sensor in the inlet tube. Not trying to be a jerk but I think I'm pointing out a flaw. Maybe this is how it's done but it doesn't seem right to me.
I robbed the drain from an old radiator, so I keep it closed and have to get under the car and pull the plastic skid pan off to get to it. If I get caught in the rain, I'll probably just pull it over and call for a flat bed wrecker. I almost never drive this Mustang on the street. The exhaust noise a lone is enough to drive me nuts and even though the wheels and tires are DOT legal, it feels a bit squirrelly for public streets.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I did use my 1st Modified Mustang as a daily driver for about 6 months, then I picked up a (ragged out) Pinto to drive to work and school. I even took it to the drag strip...lol
Since then I have always had at least 2 cars.
One I was proud of!! and one that even hitch hikers refused to ride in... lol

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

I changed a few things on my monitor based on what some of you guys recommended...
Can you tell me, "what does it all mean??
Thanks!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Mr. S
I'm sitting here at the track watching it rain... And started reading old posts from our forum. Do you realize that your Ecoboost (w/ your old motor) is faster than almost all of the Coyote Mustangs running in my class!!
Wow! You have one fast car!! Hope to see you at the track one day!

·
Registered
652 Posts
Mr. S
I'm sitting here at the track watching it rain... And started reading old posts from our forum. Do you realize that your Ecoboost (w/ your old motor) is faster than almost all of the Coyote Mustangs running in my class!!
Wow! You have one fast car!! Hope to see you at the track one day!
Rain on track night sucks... Sorry man.
Indeed!! And it has been down for too long. I'm hoping to have it back out soon and running 6.9's is my goal. Keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
179 Posts
View attachment 39659
I changed a few things on my monitor based on what some of you guys recommended...
Can you tell me, "what does it all mean??
Thanks!
Most people monitor ignition corrections for cylinder 2 or 3, as they're next to the turbo and run hotter. Good luck at the dragstrip.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts