Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wanting to lube the piston on my GFB this morning, just to check on it and see how its doing. I found the piston super dry and was about to put a coat of grease on it, when I decided to demo the piston the same way that 'Brett' does on his GFB videos. Somewhat surprisingly, it still closes quite easily ALL BY ITSELF when a bit of air pressure is applied to the pinhole.

So I decided to leave well enough alone and put it back in.

·
Registered
238 Posts
nice, i put a little oil (as per instructions) on it when i installed awhile back. Don't think i have any plans to check on it..

·
Super Moderator
3,120 Posts
This is good to see, since I haven't checked mine since installation.

·
Registered
2016 EcoBoost - Auto
126 Posts
Lubed mine with Pennzoil Platinum synthetic on install a couple months ago.

Is it EZ enough to swap back to the oem configuration if bringing the car into the dealership? Been shopping for a 2nd bpv, but they're like $75. Cringed when I pulled the plastic guts out the valve body preparing for the DV kit.

·
Super Moderator
3,120 Posts
They won't notice the DV+.

·
Registered
2016 EcoBoost - Auto
126 Posts
They won't notice the DV+.
Damn! Fast reply!:) I was thinking how it's pretty much the only obvious "mechanical" mod I've made. The rest are all flow related with no moving parts ;) Considering bringing the car in due to a burning plastic smell that's been consistent with ~20psi boosting. No plastic bags or debris I can see and no fluid anywhere:confused:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I put my bpv back to stock after taking it apart, just use rubber tipped pliers.

Also, I had a non-oem upstream o2 sensor on my old mk4 gti and the sheathing (close to the heat) on it would make a terrible smell Every time I got on the throttle. I learned this when I went to replace it and the rubber was so cooked it was rigid and smelled like the smell I always smelled. Maybe double check the o2 wiring protective cover, doubtful on a CPO but ya never know.

·
Registered
2016 EcoBoost - Auto
126 Posts
I put my bpv back to stock after taking it apart, just use rubber tipped pliers.

Also, I had a non-oem upstream o2 sensor on my old mk4 gti and the sheathing (close to the heat) on it would make a terrible smell Every time I got on the throttle. I learned this when I went to replace it and the rubber was so cooked it was rigid and smelled like the smell I always smelled. Maybe double check the o2 wiring protective cover, doubtful on a CPO but ya never know.
Thx(y) I'll add it to my list:LOL:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts