Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made the trip out to San Diego to get the custom exhaust done. Recommended by Moxman and done at Ed Hanson's shop in Spring Valley. Removed the resonator, exhaust aft of that, and put a Magnaflow muffler and 2.5" pipes all the way back.

Bottom line, this thing is rolling sex. :D

Will send out some sound clips out when I get them recorded.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Hey Squid,

It was a pleasure meeting you. I'm glad that you're happy with your new exhaust system. Our guys are simply the BEST at what they do. We are trying to figure out how to build our Ecoboost exhaust, so that we can ship it to interested people. Then, they could install in themselves and enjoy what you and I have!

I'm sure there will be more discussion on this topic...

Regards,

Steve

·
Registered
170 Posts
Squid, if it was worth you to drive all the way to San Diego it must be something special. No drone etc? How was the drive back?

Maxman what is the cost of the whole enchilada out the door? If you don't mind posting of course.

If, Squid could drive from Texas I could sure drive down south 100 miles or so...

Maxman, what other mods do you have on your baby?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Squid, if it was worth you to drive all the way to San Diego it must be something special. No drone etc? How was the drive back?

Maxman what is the cost of the whole enchilada out the door? If you don't mind posting of course.

If, Squid could drive from Texas I could sure drive down south 100 miles or so...

Maxman, what other mods do you have on your baby?
Our Ecoboost exhaust system is $525 installed, plus tax. I knew Squid loved his, right after we started it up. Absolutely no drone on the freeway. A nice deep "Magnaflow" tone. A ton lighter than the factory exhaust. And no rear mufflers hanging below the valance. We chatted for several hours, while our fabricator was working on his car. You totally SHOULD drive down from L.A. to get your exhaust done. Please feel free to call me at 858-663-4831 and I'll set up an appointment for you. Squid told me he was gonna' drive his car around in second gear all day, to listen to the sound! He's heading back to Texas on Sunday. Meanwhile, he's surfing San Onofre and sipping Margaritas!

As far as other mods, I've got the Airaid cold air intake and the Mishimoto intercooler and polished charge pipes. I've also got the UPR painted engine cover. And...I just received a set of polished aluminum pulleys from Boomba Racing. I haven't put them on yet; but plan to in the next few weeks. I will post pictures of all of this stuff very soon. The only other thing to do is a tuner. I spoke with the folks from Ford Racing at the SEMA show and they told me "first quarter 2016." That means sometime in the next three months.

Regards,

Steve M.

·
Super Moderator
6,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Drove out to the gun club today out CA-94 ... no drone at all. Still have not turned on the stereo the exhaust sounds so good.
At speed it goes away. When you hit the throttle it growls. It is good. :D

·
Super Moderator
6,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
vid from the cruise out -- inside sounds

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hey..... congrats Squid! You finally bit-the-bullet and chose your exhaust mod. Good Choice! As you may recall, I made a similar choice a few months ago...... I went with the variant where the resonator is eliminated and replaced by a y-pipe going to a pair of Magnaflows with polished tips. I think both variants sound very similar (on the internet anyway)....meaning really good! We need to get together one day to compare them side-by-side. I think it's time for an in-depth post about the 2.3T exhaust sound improvement.

·
Super Moderator
6,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Return stats. Wonder if the increase in MPG can be attributed to the exhaust or the lack of wind & snow coming home. :D

·
Registered
158 Posts
Return stats. Wonder if the increase in MPG can be attributed to the exhaust or the lack of wind & snow coming home. :D
I've noticed a bit better MPG also after the mod, but wrote it off to normal variance. I know the MPG (efficiency) actually is better at higher RPM, but maybe the less-restrictive exhaust does help a bit at the lower cruising speeds also. I do know the engine feels more eager, but hard to quantify. Anyway.....love that MPG on our 2.3Ts... makes it a true "Grand Tourer" in my book! :)

·
Registered
862 Posts

Probably a little of both. Our customers always tell us that they get better mileage and more power when we install Magnaflow. Wow...that's impressive mileage, especially with a 3:55 rear axle gear.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I finally did my exhaust! Replaced the stock resonator with a magnaflow muffler. 3" in and two 2&1/2" out. Straight pipes out the back. No mufflers in the back hanging down and the tips are 4" and look way better than the stock ones!
Sounds great! No drone whatsoever. Sounds like a sports car instead of a Honda Civic..
Rob at Florida Performance in Ft. Lauderdale did the job 954 491 1012

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's great work!

·
Registered
92 Posts
That's great work!
Yes it is! Rob's been a friend for many years. Does all the top work in S.Fla
Said magnaflow mufflers are best for turbos and flow masters are best for N.A. V-8's
The Power is up! Did 0-60 in 5.4 and mileage is up too! 34mpg.( only if I drive like grandma) not very often..lol

·
Super Moderator
6,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am surprised one of the "big guys" has not picked up on this idea and done the mass-marketing thing.

·
Super Moderator
6,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm surprised Ford didn't include it on the performance package.
I agree. Kind of surprised that some sort of exhaust didn't come on the PP, but I guess that the only "aftermarket" exhausts were on the Boss and the Shelby.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I think that the center muffler /y-pipe is the way forward. You can drop the 2 cans in the rear and save weight ............ plus it just looks better.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts