Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Tom and I am a Geezer. I totaled my car and started looking for a replacement about 5 weeks ago. My desire was a used car with 2 doors and a manual transmission to be my daily driver. I had been driving an Infiniti G35 sedan with an auto tranny. I liked the way it handled, got decent fuel economy and acceleration was ok. My wife drives an Edge that will handle the chores of a four door. Now is not the time to buy a house or a car, supply is low and prices are escalated. I couldn't find anything that checked all the boxes to get me excited in the used market. I like the looks of the Mustang and they appear to be reliable so we decided to test drive a new one. Al Packer Ford had a premium fastback with the High Performance Package and the 6 speed on the lot. My wife and I were impressed with the power, sound and comfort. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a depreciating asset, but my wife encouraged me to get something that I liked. So I ordered a 2022 Twister Orange fastback with the HP Package, 6 speed tranny, 101A, Forged 19" wheels, black cloth seats and last but not least, floor mats.

Our salesman Nate was great. He explained that it was too late to order a 2021. We discussed pricing and it seemed that ordering one was more cost effective than buying something off the lot. He printed out the build sheets for the 2022 models so I could get the codes and see what packages worked together. The only option I was not able to get is the magna ride, I am not wild about dark wheels and I am not sure about the suspension upgrades that come with the handling package like 6 piston calipers.

I joined Ecoboost Mustang forums to gain and share knowledge about our cars.

·
Administrator
3,670 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Reactions: Elamcup

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,010 Posts
He's a geezer. He's a good he's a good he's Ebaniza good. Tune light up da room

Sorry couldn't resist feller. Saw it and was in there like swimwear. But are a diamond geezer???

• Haha

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome! Marylander, I suppose? Did they give you an estimated delivery date?
Thank you all for welcoming me. I live in Kingsville Maryland. The car probaly won't be delivered until Late February or March. I have an old Tundra that has become my daily driver until then. We call it The [email protected] because it's red and if a vehicle could be a [email protected] this would be it.
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Land vehicle

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Welcome to the family!

·
Registered