Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, greetings from Lithuania!

Where the hell is Lithuania?? It's a small country in Europe on the coast of the Baltic Sea:

Glad to join Ecoboost community and start a thread about my build.
So I've bough my stang from an insurance company in Canada, totalled, front-end damage, run&drive:

It's '17 premium with 9000 miles on the clock. It's quite common practice in Europe to buy wrecked cars like mine out of auctions or insurance companies in US or Canada, fix and successfully drive for many more years.

So bought it in the beginning of January and shipped it to Lithuania, took almost 2 months including all the customs and transportation procedures to finally get it into repair shop.
Of course having it taken apart revealed some expected issues:

Anyway, that is not something Lithuanians can't fix:

Got some new parts to start the building process:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Since I had to get all new front body parts, I thought why not to go with GT350 front body kit as it's just slightly more expensive than a regular one and looks way better:

Ready to go to the paint shop, wheels taken off to be painted black:

That's the progress so far, I'll come back soon with some more progress pictures. Hope you find this interesting!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Awesome work! Love to that mustangs are being saved and enjoyed again overseas! How common are they in Lithuania? Is everyone going to look at you like you are driving a spaceship?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome work! Love to that mustangs are being saved and enjoyed again overseas! How common are they in Lithuania? Is everyone going to look at you like you are driving a spaceship?
Thanks a lot! There's a bunch of Mustangs for sale here, all of them came from North America and been adapted to EU market :)
It's not that common to see one on the streets in Lithuania as most of them are sold to Germans and go over the boarder.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
A quick update with some progress pics.

Brake calipers painted red:

Aftermarket rear spoiler fitted (painted gloss black to match wheels):

Almost there...

Some other stuff that has to be done in order to pass MOT in Europe: reverse light had to be changed into European which also contains a fog light:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
some countries in Europe require car to have xenon headlamp washers, so those have been installed as well:

The next thing that will be done today - changing rear turn signal indicators from red into amber. This is also something that is required in Europe.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
You've done a great job!
The car looks awesome with the GT350 front, well done!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had original mufflers replaced with MagnaFlow universal axle-back mufflers. Sounds deeper and I can now hear at least a little rumble inside when I step on it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts