Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I have the FP tune. I've heard that yes, you do. I'l also have heard that the latest Cobb revisions may also be able to read the FP tune. Not sure....

But its a great question that I'd eventually like to know the answer to! Fellas...thoughts?

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
I would always revert to stock before changing tuning platforms.

If you look at the Dyno curves of the FP tune compared to Cobb Stage 1 and anyone elses Stage 1 for that matter they are all within a HP or two which you will never feel with the butt dyno.

The advantage of Cobb, SCT, Diablosport, etc is that they supply canned tunes for mods beyond Stage 1 and can also download tunes to the car created by professional tuners.

Dave

·
Registered
238 Posts
according to tune+ and PD tuning they both told me NO you do not need to revert back to stock, it will save the FP tune as stock file. I like the idea to save the FP tune so if i ever unmarried the accessport it would revert back to FP tune and wouldnt have to reload it manually. I was looking to move to Cobb at some point soon.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
according to tune+ and PD tuning they both told me NO you do not need to revert back to stock, it will save the FP tune as stock file. I like the idea to save the FP tune so if i ever unmarried the accessport it would revert back to FP tune and wouldnt have to reload it manually. I was looking to move to Cobb at some point soon.
Thanks! This is good info. I too, would dread reverting back to stock. If I never have to use that ProCal software again, it will be too soon!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
yeah thats amazing info. partially because id dread having to talk to the people who installed the procal tune to see if they still had my stock file

1 - 6 of 6 Posts