Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched the forums as well as a Google search for something on this but found nothing but the windshield on my 2018 has developed a slight haze on the inside of the windshield between it and the mounting that houses the front camera and wiper rain sensor. During the last rain storms, I kept getting the warning that the front camera view was limited and to clean the windshield, which can normally happen in heavy rain but it kept happening after the rain stopped. When I checked the windshield, I noticed that it was slightly hazy in the area where the camera is mounted.
There is only a very thin small space to access that area but not enough to get a microfiber cloth in to wipe it clean.
I gently pulled the housing behind the rear view mirror to see it it might pop off but didn't want to damage it.
Has anyone experienced this and how did you resolve it, or did you have to take it to a dealer to remove the camera housing just to clean the windshield?
Thanks for any advice.

·
Premium Member
2,488 Posts
This is how the cover attaches, and it just pulls off.
However, even if you get the cover off, you won't be able to get to the haze, as you would have to remove the rest of the 'guts' from the windshield which I would not recommend you attempt.
Take it to your dealer and get them to fix it under warranty.

2018 cover...

How it looks once you get the cover off...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much. I thought that cover might come off but didn't want to risk it and as you pointed out, it doesn't get me to the glass to clean it anyway. I did visit my dealership and they advised to try to get a flat Q-tip but there is very little space to get in that area. I would say about an 8th of an inch, if that. They never recommended service. Since I could slide a piece of cardboard in the slot, I got a thin version of a Popsicle stick and wrapped it with a small thin microfiber cloth that came with the manual to clean the display screens. With that, I was able to very carefully slide it under the housing to the area in front of the camera and wipe the glass clean. It's still not easy to do but think if it happens again, I will insist they service it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts