Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Owner of a 2019 Premium Non-PP Ecoboost. Great to find a group of people who are interested in this car as much as I am and finding ways to improve it.

I've already went ahead and got the Ford power pack and got a Roush Y-Pipe installed. Was thinking about getting the Mishimoto intercooler installed. Any other suggested CARB upgrades? Wanted to get a Downpipe but found out those are illegal here on the wonderful golden coast along with quite a few other other parts. I've gotten my parts ordered and installed at GAS (Galpin Auto Sports) in Van Nuys. Want all upgrades to be CARB and keep me within warranty. Any suggestions/Tips greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Welcome from Virginia. An intercooler is THE best upgrade you can do with these cars, there are better options than the Mishi IC, but I don’t know which are CARB compliant.

·
Super Moderator
2,873 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
370 Posts
I'm not aware of any aftermarket downpipe for an Ecoboost Mustang that is CARB legal.
[email protected]

As of yet no company has bothered to do the CARB testing/certification for down pipes in California.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Howdy neighbor! I just joined last week and I"m from LA as well. I'm in the same boat as you regarding CARB legal upgrades. After dealing with CARB refs years ago due to my modded Toyota, I want to stay legal and avoid any possible hassles.

Sadly, there aren't many power adding upgrades that are CARB legal. The Ford Power Pack and Mishimoto FMIC are in the minority sadly.

Due to the fact that downpipes have a cat built into them, I don't think we will ever get a CARB approved one. CA law makes it illegal to use any cat besides those from the factory.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts