Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
825 Posts
Just about any upgrade will be better then Stock even the knock off eBay and Ali express ones!!!!! You can do it without taking off the bumper with a few of the ICs in the market, but taking it off is a whole lot easier.

Reactions: Thunderbird

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
825 Posts
Very cool. So I'm leaning towards the following:
  • Get in the the habit of using 93 octane
  • MBRP street cat-back (already installed) for the fun factor
  • Stock airbox including stock intake tube
  • Dry high-flow filter - worst case, it at least would help with sound a little bit I suspect
  • Intercooler - rough idea of cost for my mech to install? I don't have the tools or confidence not to blow up the engine
  • Cobb tune (1 or 2) and then eventually a custom tune
  • Should I be upgrading my spark plugs for all this? Or at least just be more religious about replacing them?
  • Sounds like people get the CAI for the nice looks / potentially increased turbo sound - frankly, I don't care for the jet engine sound myself - so this is not on my list
  • Might be months before I pull the trigger but it's fun thinking about it!
  • THANKS!
The Intercooler should take a shop no more then 2 hrs to install. If I can do it in an 1hr and half fucking around without the correct tools and laying in my back in the middle of a paddock in gale force winds, any shop that quotes you over three is taking the piss.

Cobb OTS generic tunes are for OEM plugs. Consult your tuner for best options when you go pro tune.

Reactions: Thunderbird

·
Registered
258 Posts
Great info, really amazed at the knowledge on this site. I am also a newbie, bought a 2020 premium last month. Will probably keep it stock, other than the intercooler which sounds like something that should be done. I know there’s info everywhere, but any suggestions on a particular brand? Looks like the bumper cover must come off for the install, so I suppose not an inexpensive mod. Thanks.
Some of those cheap ebay intercoolers are actually mishimoto fmic and top quality usually you can tell by the sellers pictures. Look closely at the pipe flange if there is a flat spot that is the ground off mishimoto name plate. Also the fins will be uniform the ripoff pics will have variable fin gaps. Can get them normally 50% cheaper than new mishimoto. Also CVFab sells a great intercooler at a reasonable price.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts