Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spotted this area as I was re-installing my painted engine cover today. Any thoughts?

TIA,

Matt

Tire Automotive tire Bicycle part Auto part Bicycle drivetrain part
Engine Auto part Vehicle Car Fuel line

·
Registered
634 Posts
I've had similar buildup immediately below the center pulley. Cleaned it off of and it returns every six months or so. Can only attribute mine to "road grime" it's not getting worse or a significant amount if it is coming form something internal; but it is upsetting. How many miles are on your car?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had similar buildup immediately below the center pulley. Cleaned it off of and it returns every six months or so. Can only attribute mine to "road grime" it's not getting worse or a significant amount if it is coming form something internal; but it is upsetting. How many miles are on your car?
Thanks for replying. I’ve just hit 33,000 miles.

·
Registered
634 Posts
While I'm not going to be able to tell you where this may be coming from, perhaps I can give you piece of mind. On mine, I cleaned it off then paid close attention on how long (miles) it took to go back. With me about 15k. That gave me some piece of mind as to if it was internal it wasn't bad enough to justify freaking out over.

If you clean it this weekend and next weekend it's back, you may have a problem.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Now I am going to have to check mine. The cover looks great btw...did you paint it or buy one of the pre painted ones?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
While I'm not going to be able to tell you where this may be coming from, perhaps I can give you piece of mind. On mine, I cleaned it off then paid close attention on how long (miles) it took to go back. With me about 15k. That gave me some piece of mind as to if it was internal it wasn't bad enough to justify freaking out over.

If you clean it this weekend and next weekend it's back, you may have a problem.
Good call. Will do. Actually don’t know when it began. Just simply noticed at 33k.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now I am going to have to check mine. The cover looks great btw...did you paint it or buy one of the pre painted ones?
Thanks. Yeah, I did it myself. High-heat paint from auto parts store. Silver is most always a forgiving paint, which makes anyone look like a pro.

I posted my before/after in another string.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had the same issue it is the timing cover, The sealant they used at the factory wasn't the best from what i've read and is a common issue. I took my mustang in to the dealer and it was able to be claimed under warranty and was fixed.

·
Registered
634 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Its common ..and a easy fix ..I have a tread about it..hope it helps
I was just going to mention that this is a common problem that's easily cured. There is a thread about it that details how to correct the seepage. I'm fixing mine in the next day or so.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.